Monday, June 20, 2005

Things that make you go hmmmm...

Want to know the sure fire way to test your parenting skills? To really know if you actually want to have children or not? Babysit a 5 and 6 year old that aren't your own!

I know that you can't compare because they aren't your own, but Good God! We spend a rather long Saturday watching the 2 girls of a friend of ours. As stated above they are 5 and 6. They are very (and I stress the very!) high maintenance kids. We did movies, lunch, playground for hours, supper at McD's. It still wasn't enough! We were on the go allllllllllllllllll day. We had them for about 8 hours or so. I was very happy to see their mom when we were "returning" them!

Most, if not all, of our friends have kids. They all vary in age and temperament. We spend time with all of them. Some more than others. We enjoy the time we spend with them. It's amazing how you can have so much fun with 2 kids... and another 2 kids you can't wait to get rid of! Is that mean? Seriously, is that wrong? :)

** Beware - ranting below - perhaps even some *gasp* bad language **

Infertility sucks ass! Sorry... did I say that out loud? Yes I believe I did. INFERTILITY FUCKING SUCKS ASS! I'm in a weird, bitchy, strange, emotional, crazy mood today. One minute I'm happy and all is wonderful with the world. The the infertility bitch creeps up behind me and taps me on the shoulder. Just to remind me that she's here. How fair is that... honestly? These days I'm surrounded by the fertiles...

You know, I think I'm actually starting to come out of my shell. I think getting back into my blogging will be great therapy for me! A good place to bitch if nothing else eh!

Work is supposed to distract me from my "little friend" the infertility bitch... but lately that's just not happening. I'm not happy in my job and therefore don't want to do it! I've been getting caught up on my daily blog reading... and sometimes just sitting on my ass! Is that wrong? ;) Thank God for vacation. I was scheduled to take the first 3 weeks of August off. Well today I've added every Friday in July. Everyone needs a good long weekend every now and then right. Why not 4 of them in a row! LOL

My top 3 frustrations with the infertility bitch today:

1) Doc Boy Scout - Does he really understand what "I don't want to wait anymore" means?
2) All hope is gone for having my kids by the time I'm 30 (I turn *gasp* 31 next month)
3) Stupid Assvice. Those that have it... those that don't want it. Just so we're clear... I DON'T WANT IT!

To be continued...

No comments: