Rain Rain go away. How does the rest of that go?
So... Appointment with Doc Boy Scout was on Wednesday. I was very excited to finally go, but then a little emotional when I was there. He said and said, well you know, everything looks great. All the tests are good and nothing was found from the lap. So I want you to try on your own for 3 or 4 months and see how it goes. See how it goes? Well we've alreayd been "trying on our own" for like 6 years now. Seriously... is another 3-4 months going to miracously produce a baby? Hmmm... I'm thinking not.
So I asked about the Metformin he said he was going to give me. Well then he said, he wasn't sure becuase he usually gives it to people that don't ovulate... and I do. He doesn't want to give it to me right now because of coming off the other meds from the surgery. so we're going to wait a month or so then go back to see him. he'll give me the prescription then.
IVF was the next topic of conversation. Right now there is currently a wait of 4 to 6 months. SO... let's see. 3 - 4 months of "trying on our own... then another 3 - 4 months trying the metformin... oh and then if that doesn't work... the 4 - 6 month wait to start the IVF cycle. Can you add that up? Thats like a year before we could even be STARTING the IVF process!?!?! Can you say I don't think so Tim? I'm tired of waiting. I know I may seem impatient... and maybe I am. But its been 6 years now and I don't want to spend another 5-6 years waiting. Its just not going to happen!
TaaaDaaa... Progress! We're going to "try on our own" until the end of July. Go back to see Doc Boy Scout for the prescription of Metformin. At the same time we are going to start the ivf process. So while we're trying out the metformin we're already going to have the IVF process going! If all "doesn't" go well... we'll be starting probably around Christmas. Much better than next summer I think.
He put me off work until Monday. The incision in my belly button is still pretty sore. It hurts getting up and down... and was a bit infected. 2 weeks off for a laparoscopy. I figured I'd be back on my feet bright and early Monday morning. Who would have thought!
No comments:
Post a Comment