Day 13 today and I got a BFP on my OPK today. Not like its really a surprise and I'll get all excited about it or anything. I always get them. Within the same few days every month. Nothing changes. That's because you see...
I'm an "unexplained" infertile turtle.
That's right boys and girls. Today's word of the day... "unexplained". For 6 years now actually. Frankly, I'm getting a little tired of the whole idea. Seriously, figure it out already. There has GOT to be something in there that's a little fucked up.
And we begin the history lesson!
In 2000, after trying for over a year we finally had our first appointment with Doc Cranky Ass. He sent me for blood work up the ass, ultrasounds, a HSG, and of couse, more fucking blood tests. And of course hubby got to go into the disco room to give a number of "contributions". Preliminary results? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.
So we move on to the wonder drug... Clomid. 6 rounds of clomid... every second month. Still nothing. Next step? Can you say IUI kids? Yep, down that lovely road of injectibles. Please note, durring most of this time I had little or no contact with Doc Cranky Ass. Only for the appointments, no procedures. Doc Cranky Ass brings out the bitch in me, so I'll stop here.
Well needless to say 4 IUIs were unsuccessful as well. Our last (and final) appointment with Doc Cranky Ass pretty much made me want to jump over the desk and strangle him. Seriously! He sat there and pretty much said "Hmmm... well I don't know. You might as well do IVF"!
Are you fucking kidding me?
That was his solution? He didn't even do a laparoscopy at that point and he was giving up?
That ended that. Time for a break. That was in September 2002.
Fast forward to 2004. After many discussions, we were ready to go at this whole pissy process again. We made an appointment with a new RE... Doc Boy Scout! Loved the man right off the bat. He ordered MORE bloodwork. Yep some of my tests had to be redone. I was ok with that though because he really gave us the feeling that he cared and he was genuinely interested in helping and finding the problem.
First appointment he said he wanted to do a laparoscopy. I was ready to jump up and kiss him. I'm sure that would have scarred him for life! He also did some tests that Doc Cranky Ass didn't do. Did I mention that I love this guy?
Test #1
Revealed that I had a bacteria called mycoplasma. There's a longer name for it, but that's all I can remember! Apparently alot of women have this bacteria, but it only effects you if you are trying to get knocked up! 10 days worth of antibiotics and hopefully I kissed mycoplasma goodbye! (just finished it the other day actually!)
Test #2
This was a blood sugar test. Ever have one? Well let me explain in case not. You get to have blood work done at a specific time. Then you get to drink the most disgusting version of orange crush you've ever had in your life. Instant high! You get to sit for 2 hours. No eating or drinking. Then have blood work again. They made me stay at the clinic which was probably a good idea. I swear I was going to pass out a few times!
Result: High Insulin Levels
(Is anyone beginning to see why I dislike Doc Cranky Ass?)
So starting the end of July I'll be taking metformin for a few months to see if that will bring it down and hopefully allow me to get knocked up! Just an FYI, he's waiting till the end of July to give me the metformin to make sure that I've fully recovered from the laparoscopy. Impatiently yet again... I wait.
And Finally... Test #3
The laparoscopy and hysteroscopy. Result: Absolutely nothing.
Of course I'm happy to know that my innards are not all fucked up, but it would be nice to have an answer eh!?!?
So that's my story. Pretty exciting/boring eh!
Again... I wait...
Fuck You Waiting Game...
1 comment:
I know how much the waiting sucks, but it does sound like Dr. Boyscout has his act together. Hoping the new route gets you there!
Post a Comment