Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Are we there yet?

Well yes, it has been quite some time since I've been here. But honestly, is anyone actually checking? I don't think so. I guess I'm just doing this so I'll have my own little place to vent. without having to bitch ot my husband or family and friends anymore.

That in itself can get tiring. This whole trying to have a baby process is physically and emotionally draining. Imagine that. I'm actually getting tired of talking about it! ok well maybe not tired, but pretty damn frustrated that I have to keep talking about it. Come on already... its baby time!!

Ok so here's what's been going on in the world of the infertile tutle. After giving up on our previous RE, hubby and I decided to search for some new hope. Well I think (or at least I hope we've found it!). New doc.. we'll call him.. Doc Boyscout! Cause we're pretty damn sure he was a boyscout when he was growing up! Anyway our first appointment with Doc Boyscout went very well. Right off the bat he requested some tests that our original doc didn't. AND a laparoscopy! You'd think after not being able to find anything at all the old doc would have thought of that. hmmmm nope. I guess not.

So after a few good (ok well maybe shitty) blood tests and an absolutely horrible bloodsugar test, I have some answers... or at least progress! One... he found that I have a bacteria called mycoplasma. Apparently it alot of women have it, but it only really matters if you are trying to get knocked up. So of course... I've got it! 2nd... I have high insulin levels. My sugars are normal (surprising since I'm the queen of sugar addicts!). So lucky me gets to be put on Metformin probably starting this Wednesday. I'm ok with that cause apparently high insulin levels can cause either miscarriage or prevent pregnancy all together. Wow... can you imagine if that's all it was? After 6 years... and all it took was a little drug. I'll be pretty pissy at my old doc if this is the case.

Anyway we move on...

Had a laparoscopy and a hysteroscopy last Monday. Yep I'm still sore and extremely tired. I'm at work for the first time and feel like crawling under my desk. Back to the point. Doc Boyscout found absolutely nothing! Not really sure on how I feel about that?!?!? Yes it is good that there is nothing physically wrong. BUT we still sit here with no f#*king answers :( Follow-up appointment tomorrow with Doc Boyscout.

If there actually is anyone out there... I'll keep you posted! Believe it or not, I actually plan on updating this thing regularly... maybe even daily if you can believe that!!!

Later Gator

No comments: