Every infertile needs to have a night where stupid quantities of alcohol are consumed. Well... those infertiles that actually do consume alcohol that is!
Well that night... was last night. And oh what a night!
Hubby and I decided that we'd have a little gathering at our (not so new anymore) house. For some strange reason hubby and I are always having these little parties. BBQs, dinner parties, Halloween parties. I think I'm a fucking glutton for punishment! The planning always goes well. Always lots of people saying "oh yeah, we'll be there with bells on!"... and then never fucking show their face. And NOT even a phone call to say I'm sorry, but we're not able to make it. FUCK that burns my ass. Anyway I digress...
Last night we had a pretty good turnout actually. Of course there were the few that said they'd be here and didn't show (No really... I'm not bitter) but the ones that were here had a good time. I was surrounded by little girls. 5 of them and one little boy actually. All the cutest things you've ever seen. Ages ranged from 2 to 8. Moms and Dads were all having beverages and having a good time. Supper started and so did the festivities of alcohol consumption!
Now I'm an asshat when I drink. I admit it and I'm ok with it! Now not an annoying, get the fuck away from me asshat, but a giggly, silly, sitting in the corner smiling asshat. An asshat that has the desire to smoke for some stupid reason. Which of course I did... but only after the children were gone. Can't put a bad image in the heads of small children. I can show some restraint ya know!
As the night went on and hubby had more and more to drink... the sillier he got. Some friends that had just met him for the first time were quite entertained. As you all would be. The night started to wind down and we needed entertainment. Have you ever seen Robin Williams, Live on Broadway? I highly recommend it if you like Robin... and of course have the desire to laugh your ass off. Now its hilarious on any given day. But add a little alcohol to that... and you are going to have a sore belly by the time its over. Wind him up and let him go. Fuck he's funny.
So does anyone want to hear about my little trip to Doc Boyscout? Curious at all?
Yesterday morning was the big day. 8am. Which was way too early considering I had the day off and should have been sleeping in. Anyway. We made it. Doc Boyscout was in his usual great mood. He's always such a happy man and I absolutely love it. My last RE was kind of a asshat and didn't impress me too much. I'll move along without opening up that can of worms.
We talked about the results of my laparoscopy and hysteroscopy (which of course were perfectly clear), the fact that I've done 6 months of clomid and 3 IUIs with injectibles. Next step? Our choice of course. He said we could do more IUIs if we wanted and that it could "possibly" work. But chances are it didn't before... it won't now.
Have I mentioned that unexplained infertility fucking rots?
Next step... metformin. He wrote the prescription and I'm to start it today. I've heard rumors that metformin may cause you to lose a little weight. In my case, I'm hoping for about 20 lbs!! Not likely, but one can always hope right!
On to the good part. Well I think its the good part. We're moving on to IVF! I know most people wouldn't really be excited about this little fact... but after 7 years... its about fucking time. So hubby and I were sent for our bloodwork. Nurse McNasty bruised the shit out of my arm again. What the fuck! Don't you people go to school to learn how to do this???
We'll be signing all of our consent forms on August 30th. Seems like such a long time away doesn't it? Well we couldn't get in to do it next week and we're leaving for vacation on Friday... for 3 weeks!! Then when we get home hubby is flying to Vancouver for 5 days. They only do the paperwork on Tuesdays... so August 30th it is. I'm hoping the time will go by fast. I'm sure it will seeing that we're on vacation.
My ticker on the right now tells us how many days till we sign the papers. 38 days and counting...
So there's a 4 to 6 month wait from signing the papers to actual procedure. A friend signed her papers the end of June and is to call in with her day one in November. So I'm guessing it will be roughly January for us. I'm ok with that because it will give us time to pay off a loan we have and then be nice and ready for how ever much this little event will cost.
The good thing is that we'll be testing out the metformin while on the waiting list for IVF. I'll cross my fingers, toes, and anything else I can possibly cross and hope that the metformin will do the trick. Can you cross all your fingers and toes for me too? That would be just wonderful!
CD 14 today. Still a chance at a "getting knocked up au naturel" cycle. Maybe the fertility Gods will see fit to welcome me into their little world this month. We'll see. Doc Boyscout recommended us getting some Pre-Seed and giving it a hook. Sometimes I don't have a lot of CM and wondered if that could be causing the problem (no likely cause the IUIs didn't work either). But what the hell. We thought we'd give it a try anyway. This is our first month using it. I know its probably TMI, but I'll keep you posted.
On a sad note, Doc Boyscout's assistant is leaving :( Very disappointing actually. Assistant H (My brain is not working and I can't come up with a good nickname for her... so Assistant H it is) is leaving in August because she's going back to school. I'm very happy for her and I think its great. But I'm going to miss her. She's absolutely great and will always answer my stupid little questions and frantic phone calls with a smile in her voice. I hope her replacement is just as good. Assistant H... we'll miss you...
Wow this really turned out longer than I expected or intended. I hope I really didn't bore you all to death.
Its way to early and I believe a nap is in order...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Edited to say thank you ladies for all the birthday wishes and indulging me in filling out my little "get to know me" quiz!!!
.
2 comments:
Hi Sheryl -- I love the metformin. You'll lose weight quickly once it starts coming off. I lost nine pounds without changing a damn thing in my life, so if you actually help it along I'm sure your 20 unwanted pounds will go away without too much pain.
I'm glad your party went well... we all need those nights once in a while. My drink of choice is anything rummy and fruity or Diet Vanilla coke with spiced rum (Capt. Morgans of course).
Thanks for the kind words in response to my frustration blog. :)
Glad your appointment went well and you are excited to move on to IVF. I also loved Metformin. Made me lose a couple of pounds and made Femara work when it did not work before. I hope that's just what you needed!
Post a Comment