Sunday, July 17, 2005

Another year gone by...

You were thinking I'd say another year of infertility gone by right? Well you would be WRONG!

31 years ago today I came bouncing into this (sometimes cruel... sometimes wonderful) world. At 10:46 Atlantic time to be exact! I was born in beautiful Summerside, Prince Edward Island. I wish I was still there. Anyhow... I had a great 2 day birthday. Hubby took me out for supper last night to a little japanese restaurant. It was AWESOME! Before going out though he was cracking for me to open one of my presents. He wanted me to open the card. Well in this (perfectly fitting I might add!) card, he had attached one of my presents...


Have I told you all how much I love my husband??? He spoils me rotten and is fucking good to me. Don't know what I'd do without him I tell ya!

So today I woke up and opened the rest of my presents. My mom sent one up, so that's why I had multiples (in case you were thinking what the fuck!). My mom sent me a willowtree angel

It's called Mother and Daughter. I absolutely love willowtree angels but never had gotten one. I'm always giving them to others but never bought one myself. Not really something you buy yourself though. And hubby got me one too...


This one is called Together. I love 'em both. I guess I can stop complaining now eh! LOL The rest of my day consisted of going for breakfast (Remind me to STOP GOING TO DENNY's!), going downtown to get my nose pierced (notta chance there'll be a picture of that!) and a birthday supper at our very good friends.

Overall I had a great birthday. I adjusted to turning 31 much better than I did to 30. I had so many things I wanted to do by the time I was 30. Most importantly... having all my babies. Of course since that was one of the highest items on my list, it was a crappy birthday.

This birthday was great and I LOVE my hubby and friends to death!!

No news on the TTC front. Off to see Doc Boyscout on Friday. WooHoo!

So Teresa sent me this little quiz... so I thought it would be some entertainment for us all! Please feel free to cut and paste it into the comments with your replies!

1. What is your occupation? Technical Services Officer (Yep, Computer Geek!)
2. What color is your underwear? Blue
3. What are you listening to right now? Hubby watching "A League of their Own"
4. What was the last thing you ate? Brownie Birthday Cake
5. Do you wish on stars? Every now and then
6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Red
7. How is the weather right now? Cloudy and very very humid (man I need A/C!)
8. Last person you spoke to on the phone? Lee-Anne (Bitching that Six Feet Under wasn't on)
9. Do you like the person who sent this to you? But of course!
10. How old are you today? 31 - and literally today 'cause its my birthday!
11. Favorite drink? Pepsi
12. Favorite sport to watch? Do I have to?
13. Have you ever dyed your hair? Not completely. Have some highlights thrown in there every now and then (hmm... I think I'm due!)
14. Do you wear contacts or glasses? Supposed to wear glasses when reading (and while sitting here writing to you nice folks!) but where are they right now? at work!
15. Pets? 2 kitties and a doggie that's on permanent vacation in PEI
16. Favorite month? September (That's our anniversary month)
17. Favorite food? Oh there are soooo many... but I'd have to say steak and potatoes
18. What was the last movie you watched? Charley and The Chocolate Factory (Depp is such a freak!)
19. Favorite day of the year? Christmas day
20. What do you do to vent anger? I sit here and write to you fabulous people! (is there anyone out there besides Teresa?)
21. Fall or Spring? Fall
22. Hugs or kisses? I'd have to say both
23. Cherry or Blueberry? Cherry
24. Do you want your friends to email (blog) you back? Yes... Please!
25. Who is most likely to respond? Hard to say cause I don't know who actually reads this. I'd have to say Ova Girl or Kiwi cause Teresa has already done this!
26. Who is least likely to respond? Shannon?
27. Who do you live with? David, Bailey and Dexter
28. When was the last time you cried? Today I had a few tears (got my nose pierced as a birthday present to myself!)
29. What is on the floor of your closet? shoes, boxes, and my wedding dress (in a box silly!)
30. Who is the friend you have had the longest? Jason. he moved in next door when I was 5. Been kicking around ever since
31. What did you do last night? Went to supper with my hubby then attempted to watch a movie (I fell asleep of course!)
32. Favorite smell? Raspberry candles
33. What inspires you most? My mom
34. What are you afraid of? Never becoming a mother
35. Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers? plain
36. Favorite car? Ford Escape (I Love's my trucks!)
37. Favorite dog breed? Golden Retriever or Burnese Mountain Dogs
38. Number of keys on your key ring? 3
39. How many years at your current job? 8 (WAYYYYYYYY too long)
40. Favorite day of the week? Saturday

Now... you go!

.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That fear of never becoming a mother -- I hate that.

I'm glad 31 was easy for you. It sounds like you had a really happy day. My hard birthday was 28. I hated that I was on that gallop to 30 and not yet in the career I wanted and not yet a mother. Your husband seems very cool.

On a 6 Feet Under note: OH MY GOD I can't believe that Crazy George is engaged again.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! I hope this year brings you all you were wishing for and even more! You got wonderful gifts already, but I hope you get to most wonderful of all soon.

And of course I'll answer your quiz!
1. What is your occupation? Self-employed Graphic Designer
2. What color is your underwear? Green
3. What are you listening to right now? The purring of my air conditionning
4. What was the last thing you ate? Toasts with marmalade
5. Do you wish on stars? When I get to see a shooting star, yes
6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Dark Red
7. How is the weather right now? It's raining
8. Last person you spoke to on the phone? My mom
9. Do you like the person who sent this to you? Why, yes!
10. How old are you today? 28 and 1 month and 4 days
11. Favorite drink? Sex on the beach, virgin for now
12. Favorite sport to watch? Canadian Football
13. Have you ever dyed your hair? Yes, every color of the rainbow (not at the same time!)
14. Do you wear contacts or glasses? Contacts all day long and glasses when I'm too lazy to put my contacts on
15. Pets? A siamese cat named Patchouli
16. Favorite month? June
17. Favorite food? Mexican food
18. What was the last movie you watched? Shaun of the dead (so stupid!)
19. Favorite day of the year? The first day of my vacations
20. What do you do to vent anger? I blog or I hit my punching bag
21. Fall or Spring? Fall
22. Hugs or kisses? Depending from who ;)
23. Cherry or Blueberry? Cherry
24. Do you want your friends to email (blog) you back? Yes, I love that
25. Who is most likely to respond?
26. Who is least likely to respond?
27. Who do you live with? Boyfriend and cat and our kiwi seed
28. When was the last time you cried? Last night, can't remember why, I cry for nothing these days!
29. What is on the floor of your closet? Shoes, shoes and shoes!
30. Who is the friend you have had the longest? Patricia, we met in ballet school at about 8 and we still see each other from time to time
31. What did you do last night? Did some laundry, ate supper, played games with boyfriend and read before bed. A quiet night.
32. Favorite smell? Cookies right out of the oven
33. What inspires you most? My boyfriend's belief in me
34. What are you afraid of? My baby not being ok
35. Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers? Cheese, but vegy-burgers for me!
36. Favorite car? Mini
37. Favorite dog breed? Golden or Lab
38. Number of keys on your key ring? 5
39. How many years at your current job? I've been self-employed for 5 years
40. Favorite day of the week? Friday

Anonymous said...

I'll show you.... I actually read this you know? :) Can't remember my username/pw - so I'm annonymous SHANNON the non-responder.!! :) Ha!

1. What is your occupation? Knowledge Base Analyst
2. What color is your underwear? Black & Grey stripes
3. What are you listening to right now? The sound of distant music playing – I NEED A RADIO AT WORK! And contruction work outside.
4. What was the last thing you ate? Salad
5. Do you wish on stars? Hmmm.. sometimes I guess
6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? One of those swirly mixed up ones.
7. How is the weather right now? HUMID.
8. Last person you spoke to on the phone? My mom.
9. Do you like the person who sent this to you? Nope.. AS IF – More than she knows.
10. How old are you today? Today I am 27
11. Favorite drink? I’d have to say Sour Puss and gingerale is now on the top of my list.
12. Favorite sport to watch? Soccer has some wonderful eye candy
13. Have you ever dyed your hair? Too many times
14. Do you wear contacts or glasses? Yes – glasses
15. Pets? 1 delightful little weiner dog (Pico)
16. Favorite month? July (our anniversary and Canada Day) and SUMMER!
17. Favorite food? Ice Cream or frozen treats of some kind.. and junk food.
18. What was the last movie you watched? Mr and Mrs Smith.
19. Favorite day of the year? New Years Eve/Day – feelings of new beginnings.
20. What do you do to vent anger? Kickboxing and open my mouth too much at times (blah Blah).
21. Fall or Spring? Fall
22. Hugs or kisses? Hugs.. cause it all depends on who is kissing ya’ – hugs are manageable regardless who is the hugger or hugee.. haha
23. Cherry or Blueberry? Fresh blueberries.
24. Do you want your friends to email (blog) you back? Not applicable… J
25. Who is most likely to respond? Again.. not applicable.
26. Who is least likely to respond? Shannon eh? Showed you!!!!
27. Who do you live with? Steph, Pico and Kaleb
28. When was the last time you cried? Oh jeez – I’m reading a book that makes me cry on the bus, on the toiler, at home, at work.. wherever I dare open it.. I cry!
29. What is on the floor of your closet? Clothes and shoes, a dvd player.. haha..
30. Who is the friend you have had the longest? Julie! She’s the only one that made it through this whole time! That’s sad eh? It makes me blue!
31. What did you do last night? I came home from Kingston and went to bed early.
32. Favorite smell? Fresh rain, or cut grass.. Or my hubby’s cologne.
33. What inspires you most? The fact that other’s can do it so so can I! Succeeding is the best inspiration and everytime I succeed, I am inspired to continue and help others do so as well. This goes for my family, my friends and myself as well. I love to help!
34. What are you afraid of? Illness.
35. Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers? Spicy Cheese.
36. Favorite car? So far, I’m a Jeep TJ lover.
37. Favorite dog breed? All dogs.. my Pico would have to make this list though!
38. Number of keys on your key ring? 3
39. How many years at your current job? 3
40. Favorite day of the week? Wednesday – Hump day – it’s almost over if you can get to Wednesday! J Or a long weekend day (Mon or Fri).

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a great day! Hope this year brings you much happiness.

P. said...

Happy Birthday!!! What a beautiful ring :o)

OvaGirl said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Wow you did brilliantly, excellent loot!

Ok will answer quiz as best I can...
1. What is your occupation?
writer
2. What color is your underwear? black
3. What are you listening to right now?
the heater, it's cold here.
4. What was the last thing you ate? Toast with tahini, folic acid, fish oil capsules, evening primrose oil capsules...
5. Do you wish on stars?
Yeah. And I look for 4 leaf clovers and try and catch falling leaves.
6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? purple
7. How is the weather right now? Cool, crisp, sunny
8. Last person you spoke to on the phone? My husband telling me he was on the way home.
9. Do you like the person who sent this to you?
Well we're sort of blog aquaintances but sure!
10. How old are you today?
37 and one month (birthday last month on this day)
11. Favorite drink?
green tea
12. Favorite sport to watch? gymnastics
13. Have you ever dyed your hair? Once. Black.
14. Do you wear contacts or glasses?
no
15. Pets?
no (live in a flat)
16. Favorite month?
probably January...new year, new possibilities etc
17. Favorite food?
there's a lot of food i'm not allowed to eat now. i love thai,lebanese, italian food... i miss french and indian
18. What was the last movie you watched?
Garden State
19. Favorite day of the year? Christmas day
20. What do you do to vent anger?
I write.
21. Fall or Spring?
Spring.
22. Hugs or kisses?
kisses
23. Cherry or Blueberry?
Cherry
24. Do you want your friends to email (blog) you back?
We are all comment-whores. Well, I know I am...
25. Who is most likely to respond? anyone who is meant to be working on something else and is looking for distraction!
26. Who is least likely to respond?
anyone who is disciplined and gets back to work.
27. Who do you live with?
My husband.
28. When was the last time you cried?
Two days ago, talking with my little sister who suffers from depression.
29. What is on the floor of your closet?
mess
30. Who is the friend you have had the longest?
M...went to highschool with him and stayed friends ever since.
31. What did you do last night? drove home from newcastle, watched news, ate baked beans on toast.
32. Favorite smell?
babies
33. What inspires you most?
Courage and compassion in others.
34. What are you afraid of?
Lots. Today...accidental plagiarism.
35. Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers?
Spicy and they would have to be tofu and fat free.
36. Favorite car?
VW Beetle
37. Favorite dog breed?
Border collie. But I do like those little maltese types.
38. Number of keys on your key ring? 4
39. How many years at your current job?
15
40. Favorite day of the week?
Today


Phew! Is that it? is it done? I'm exhausted!