Monday, July 28, 2008

Forgiveness & Updates

V, yes you are forgiven. It was however back in September that I had her call in with my day 1 because we were in Florida and I couldn’t call. We didn't get to cycle that month and I had then decided that I wouldn’t tell anyone. I then just kept telling her that we were putting it off...

So on to my update so I don't keep you all waiting much longer!

We did make it to a 5 day transfer after all. I was quite happy but also quite freaked out because of not knowing how many little ones would still be alive by the time we got there Saturday morning. At this point we still hadn't decided on how many to put back and were kind of just waiting to see how many were left and what the quality of them was.

Arriving Saturday morning they got us all dressed in our fancy scrubs (Well him in his scrubs and me in my sexy gown!). So I took that as a sign that there was at least one still kicking! We met with Dr Funny and he told us we had 4 little ones remaining. 1 or 2 had stopped growing by the end of day 3 and the others in between day 3 and 5. With this many remaining the decision was easy as to how many to put back. Out of the 4 only 2 were really good enough to put back.

There, choice made… we put 2 back!

The other two were iffy. One could "possibly" be of freezing quality by the end of day 5 and the other one wasn't for sure. So I have to call today and find out if that little guy made it or not. I should have actually called yesterday but was so wrapped up in doing other things that I completely forgot. I'll update on that once I found out.

So there you have it. We put 2 little babies back. One was a Compounding Morula and the other was a pre-blastocyst. The pre-blast had also grown more from the time they graded it to the time of transfer, so it was even better. They compared these babies to my cycle that resulted in The Boy. They believe I have a higher chance of pregnancy with these guys that I did with The Boy. Yikes. So they gave me a 50% chance of pregnancy with a 30% chance of twins. Yikes again.

They will now be known as Thing 1 and Thing 2

The Mister is 100% positive/terrified we'll have twins. I will take what ever I get and be completely ecstatic :)

UPDATE: Clinic called... no babies to freeze :(

.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very encouraging! Love the nicknames. Thing 1 and Thing 2. Too funny. You know they have onesies that say that? :)

Sheryl said...

Yep, and I will soooooo buy them if we have twins!! LOL

Kiwi said...

Oh, so now the waiting begins!
Best of luck to you!