Just for today that is!
ER is now over and done with and I'm home resting and relaxing for the next few days.
With much anxiety we headed off to the fancy clinic bright and early at 7:30 this morning. Quickly we were ushered into the fancy new recovery room (This is a new clinic, my 1st IVF was at the old one) and given instructions to chance into the sexy gowns and scrubs (of course the gown for me and the sexy scrubs for the mister!). After verifying all our information, the mister was whisked away to "The Disco Room" as Doc Boyscout calls it! This left me alone in recover getting worked up about what was about to go down. Fancy Russian Nurse came back after delivering the mister and was about to give me a shot in the ass to settle me down. Being the loser that I am, I was freaking out about the shot in the ass! I have a big L on my forehead :) So Fancy Russian Nurse administers the shot and it was really nothing. And I quickly started to relax. I don't remember what the drug was, but it was niiiiiiiccceee.
So the mister comes back after fulfilling his duties and we're ready to head into the procedure room. They've hooked up my IV and I'm not walking with my little friend. Procedure room at the fancy clinic has to be 5 times the size as the old one. Very nice. Funky music playing in the background and nice and warm.
Then the drugs kick in...
Nurse D gave me some happy drugs through my IV and man did they kick in fast. I remember Doc Happy coming in, explaining what was going to happen, me looking at the monitor, wand monkey being inserted, and a pinch. Before I knew it, Doc Happy was saying he was done, good luck, and shook my hand! Hmmm.... good drugs!!
Back into the recovery room with warm blankets covering me and sitting in some pretty comfy recliners is where I quickly found myself. Dozing in and out I remember Fancy Russian Nurse coming back and telling us we got 11 EGGS!! YAY I was so excited (once I was awake enough to comprehend that we got 11 - the mister had to tell me again!) Now if you remember on our 1st IVF we only got 2 retrieved, so you can see why I'd be a bit excited. Now yes, the first one worked and we were blessed with the boy, but it would be nice to have some frosties this time around. Which we should... but it won't matter because this WILL work and we won't need them (cross your fingers...)
So now we wait. They'll call tomorrow afternoon to tell me how many fertilized. I'm hoping for 1/2 but will take anything...
.
2 comments:
Yeah for 11 eggs!
Wow! 11! That's great. Keep us posted on the fertilization report.
Glad the drugs were happy drugs. :)
Post a Comment