Thursday, July 24, 2008

Need Help... Please?

This decision about how many embies to put back is really getting to me. I need your help folks...

The Mister wants to put just one back. He's sure we'll have twins if we put two back. He says just one and then if it doesn't work we can use a frostie and do a FET (assuming any make it to freeze that is. There's no guarantee on that right)

I on the other hand am 50/50 on if we'd have twins. I'm scared that if we put one back and it doesn't work I'll be upset and angry. Scared that doing a FET won't work (again, assuming we have frosties) and we'll end up back here starting from scratch again. I'm not getting any younger... my birthday was last week.

Now if we put two back and get twins, I'm kind of freaked about that too. Yes, I do want to have 3 children (The Mister and I are still negotiating on that one!) but can I handle two infants plus a toddler? We live in a city with no family around us. No family = no help. Yes I have friends but they mostly work.

I know I'm jumping ahead of myself on this whole twins thing, but if we decide on two I have to be prepared for it right?

I just don't know what to do and its tearing me apart. Part of me wants to put one and part of me wants to put two. We're running out of time to make this decision...

Is there anyone out there with twins that can maybe shed some light on this for me?
.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't have twins (obviously), but we have good friends who had twin girls when their toddler was 22 months old. I know he would tell you not to risk it. He's going on 14 months now without being able to sleep through the night. (You can check out his twin entries at www.pokingandpeaking.blogspot.com if you'd like)

But as someone with a 4 month old who has been sleeping 8-10 hours for about a month now, I would lean towards doing two- I would definitely prefer twins to having it not work. But that's from someone who hasn't had twins! I do know that on our next IUI, if there are multiple follicles we will not risk it... but that's because 4 under 4 is not my idea of a good time!

OK- I've officially been no help, huh?

Anonymous said...

We struggle with this issue ourselves. If we actually get to do a blastocyte transfer and the embryo quality is spectacular, I might consider transferring just one.

It's a hard decision. My husband would definately want to just transfer one, but I would struggle. Twins scare me a little, but I would rather be pregnant with twins than not at all. Magic eight ball anyone? :)