A disaster in a funny kind of way... but I'll get to that in a few minutes!
So wondering what happening at the fancy clinic on Friday? How did the blood work and ultrasound go you ask? Well, I went for my blood work at 9am and ultrasound shortly after. The ultrasound showed no cysts (Thank God) and showed 8 little follies growing on each side (Yay!). I met with Doc Not-Boyscout to go over "The Plan". The plan was that if my estrogen levels were below 200 we'd continue. If not we'd cancel and start again next month. Doc Not-Boyscout was hoping we'd continue because he said with those 16 little follies sitting there that it was a good cycle to work with. So good news all around... my e2 level was below 200 and I started the next round of meds Friday night. I started my pureg0n and they added rep0nex to the mix. Plus in the morning I'm taking the 0rgalutran. Count 'em up people... that's 3 shots a day! 1 in the morning and 2 in the evening. Fun fun. I'm not complaining though. They added the rep0nex to give me a little bit more of a boost seeing as they suppressed me an extra week. So I go back for blood work and another ultrasound Tuesday morning to see how things are "growing"! Keep your fingers crossed for me :)
So about that Near Disaster. We happily packed up The Boy and headed off to a friends cottage about 1hr and 45 min away from here. I was a good girl and packed my pureg0n and rep0nex for the trip knowing that we'd be there at 6pm when I need to take it. We're having a great day and I realize, oh its almost 6pm, better get my meds going. So I get my little goody bag out and realize F.U.C.K, I don't have a needle for the pureg0n pen!!! I was soooooooo upset. I had extra needles for the rep0nex, but its not like I could have used them. Pureg0n has to be taken between 4pm and 7pm. I normally take it at 6pm. So even if we had left the cottage right then I would have been past my window by at least an hour. F.U.C.K.
Being very upset I let my friend, Mrs. P, know that we had to leave. She of course wanted to know why and I told her I had to take medication and it was time sensitive. (Remember, no one knows I'm doing this cycle right? - so if you know me IRL and are reading this, PLEASE don't tell anyone ok? I won't be a happy camper...) and we really had to go. We talked about it for a couple of minutes then she says well there are a couple of people here that are diabetics... maybe they have a needle? Hmmm... insulin pen, pureg0n pen. Must be close right? I cross everything and off her husband goes in search of a needle that "might" fit. He comes back with the EXACT needle for the pen!!!! Oh my God I was so relieved. I got my shot on time AND we were able to stay for the rest of the evening. Luck was definitely on my side yesterday. So near disaster, but in a kind of funny way!
Isn't this cycle just meant to be or what eh!?! :)
.
1 comment:
That was a close call! Glad it worked out. :)
Sounds like you are going to have a good cycle afterall.
Post a Comment