Thursday, February 23, 2006

Seriously, How Stupid Can One Person Be????

Ok, I haven't had a good bitching in a long time... so its about time. Apparently I'm still an infertile and hormonal these days.

Here we go...

So last night I'm talking with a friend. Keep in mind that this friend has an 8 month old. So as we're talking she's asking how I'm feeling, blah blah blah. I told her that I'd be a little more relaxed about things after the ultrasound in 2 weeks. She was asking questions and wanted to know why they were doing an ultrasound so early. I told her it was because we had to do fertility treatments to have this baby. She didn't know.

She proceeds to tell me about a friend of hers that's been trying hard for over a year now and had a miscarriage in 2004. I told her we tried for 7 years.

Do you want to know what she said next?????

She says...

"Oh wow, well not to rub it in or anything, but we never tried at all!"

That was kick in the teeth number one

Next comment...

"Well it must have been a slap in the face for you guys eh?"

Kick in the teeth number two.

I quickly ended the conversation from there. Told her I had to go and would talk later.

FUCK

About 10 minutes later she sent me a message saying she hoped she didn't offend me and apologized. I never replied...

I can't believe she said any of this and I can't believe how much it upset me. Am I wrong to be this upset? I will be for awhile I think...
.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just stumbled on your blog- and I would feel exactly like you do. After doing IUI, we were able to get pregnant as well (we are probably due the same week!), but I still get bitter about people who treat getting pregnant like it's no big deal.

But none the less... congratulations! Don't let inconsiderate people ruin this time for you!!!

Anonymous said...

Infertile or hormonal or not.. Be upset. That was kinda rude. My sister said to me once.. "Must be tough not being a real woman by having a child" 12 years ago. I forgave her, but it still hurts.(even though I have an IVF son born last May)
I would repond and tell her, yes I was very offended and you would appreciate not hearing comments like that at all. If she is a real friend, she will understand.
Just my 3 cents : )

seattlegal said...

I don't think you're wrong to be upset. I would be too if someone said that stuff to me.

April said...

It's ok to be upset at this, if anything - it's completely normal.

(And congratulations on your wonderful, amazingly fantastic news!)

kell said...

i would be upset and then some. she was so wrong for saying that. how can someone be so incencitive. i am so excited for you and your news. its awesome!

Larisa said...

I would be upset too - it's the comments from friends that are the hardest for me. I usually forgive or rationalize the comment eventually, but I don't forget them.

Anonymous said...

I was going to say this yesterday.....anything that starts with "not to rub this in" is just plain baaaaad. Am coming down to the towers for lunch on Wed. I think.

Sunny Jenny said...

Whatever! She's a bitch! For some reason there are nasty people who like to hurt others to make themselves look or feel better. So sorry she's your "friend". I have a few of those of my own! That's why I've escaped to blog land!

Keep your chin up! this is an exciting and important time for you and little Stewie!

Anonymous said...

You have every right to be upset. I would be too. In fact, I am for you!