I realize it has been a couple of weeks since my last post. And for all you who actually do come by to check up on me, I'm sorry and will be posting more frequently... I promise!
So where shall I start? A quick catch up from my last post maybe?
Christmas and New years have come and gone so quickly. Hubby and I headed off to PEI for a quick Christmas break. It was nice to be home and of course the time went by way too fast. Spent some time with friends (ok, went out and got stupid ass drunk!) and we had a great time! New Years Eve was uneventful as we were packing up to come back to the big city. New Years Day went spent driving for 13 hours. YeeeeeHaaaa. Happy New Years! Hope you all had a great Christmas and New Years!!
When I got back I ended up sick as a freakin' dog. Bronchial infection. Not fun. Was on my ass for a week. I felt bad because my first week back to work I had to call in sick all week. Dr gave me some nice drugs that really did knock me on my ass. I think I slept more that week than I ever have in my life. It felt great though and I'm finally feeling better. I'm getting somewhat of a cold now which sucks. But I'll deal with it I guess.
Now on to the exciting stuff... We're in full IVF mode!!!
I started my suprefact injections on Jan 8th. They've been going relatively well. No side effects so far (as I knock on wood). I take my last BCP tomorrow which is awesome. Next Friday, the 20th I'm scheduled for my first blood work. If my hormone levels are down to where they should be, I'll be starting puregon the next day! I'll take the puregon for a few days then have blood work and an ultrasound scheduled for the 25th. If things go well on that front my estimated retrieval date is Feb 1st.
I can't believe how fast the time has gone. I remember signing my consent forms in August and thinking that December was so far away. How was I going to wait that long without going crazy? But I guess I survived it because here we are! Very exciting, but still a little scary at the same time.
To add to all this excitement, I got a new job! Yay! I'm starting on Monday the 16th. It'll be exciting and interesting. But also is throwing a wrench into my IVF process! How do I tell the new boss that I need some time off within the first few weeks of the new job?? Any ideas???
Question for all of you that have gone though this before... How much time did you take off? I know I need to take the days off for the retrieval and the transfer... but how much in addition to that?
So I hear this is "de-lurking" week! So for all of you out there that may check up on me from time to time, but never comment, please just drop me a line to say hello! And of course all my regulars say hello too. If any of you have a blog that I may not know about, pimp it baby! write it down for all of us to check it out!
<
8 comments:
Good luck on starting IVF!
As for time off, I took off the days between retrieval and transfer as well as the days themselves--plus, my doc had me on bedrest the day of transfer, and the day after. It was nice to have some time to myself between the two procedures--and if you have OHSS or anything similar, you will not want to be at work then!
Welcome back! We are on the same IVF schedule - may we both get positive results!
I think you should be upfront with your new job and just say you'll need up to a week off - exact days to be determined - for a medical procedure. It's almost easier to ask before you start, because you're setting the expectations that way.
Congratulations on the new job. I am so very happy for you.
Congrats on the new job~!~ Good luck with the needing time off, I hope your boss is understanding... Or just tell them there is personal female issues that you are taking care of under the care of a doctor and they requested you to take X amount of days off ;)
Shirley Ann
Sheryl,
Just wanted to let you know that I check your blog daily for updates! You do have faithful readers! Hope everything is going well for you.
Dream!
I read your blog every time I update mine (kellsworld.blogspot.com). Congrats on the new job and starting the IVF. Let me know how you ask for the time off. I am almost done with my MBA and interviewing for jobs here and there and I keep thinking how will I get time off for Dr's appointments. My boss here knows about them and is so flexible. Its hard when you are brand new, but most of the time they are totally understanding. I pray for the best for you.
-Kell
Yay for starting the IVF cycle! Wishing you all the best!
And congratulations for your new job! I can't help you with how much time off you should take, but I think the sooner you tell them, the better. Female issues sounds like a good reason... any man wouldn't dare ask more questions! ;)
Go with what Mellie said about telling the new boss...
Good luck. I hope your cycle has a sticky, sticky BFP.
Post a Comment