Monday, December 03, 2007

I'm Talking To Myself

Is how I feel lately...

I know I don't blog much these days but I honestly do have every intention of it. So often I sit and have a thought to blog about but don't always have the time to do it. I faithfully read all my blogs in my daily reading and am thankful for all you ladies out there that keep me going. We've all been though good and bad in this nasty road of infertility and I like to think this blogging community really helps all of us. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm sorry if I'm not any help to anyone these days. I do promise to work on it. But could you all do something for me? If you are out there can you let me know? Say a quick hello? I know this blog is supposed to be an outlet for me, which it really really is. But it is also nice to know that someone is out there :)

Still waiting to hear from the clinic about my information session. Very impatiently too I might add. The information session is mandatory before you can call in with your day one to start your cycle. Well if they don't call soon I won't be calling in until at least mid-January. They only do info sessions twice a week and with Christmas coming there's not much time left. I know January isn't too far away and maybe I'm being a little impatient. I'm ready. I have a plan. I know I'll be stressed if things don't go according to that plan.

That plan includes taking my parents to Cuba for their 40th anniversary in April. We're really looking forward to it. They have never been out of Canada other than to go to Florida. And while Florida is WONDERFUL, its not the same as going to the Caribbean. So we're packing up The Boy and taking my parents away. They are going to love it. There are also 2 other couples coming with us (the same 2 that were with us when we went this past April). We had a great time then and hopefully with again!

So winter is obviously here. These past 2 days the big city has been pounded with a HUGE storm/snowfall. We've got at least 40cm of snow by now. Its not too cold but the wind is picking up and blowing that lovely white stuff around. Making it not the best for traveling around. I didn't go to work today because I had a nasty headache, but I'm sure it wasn't fun. I figure it probably would have taken a good 2 hours to get in. The good thing about the snow (don't get me wrong cause I really do love snow!) is that all the Christmas lights that are up look sooooo amazing!

Speaking of Christmas lights we put our tree up last night. I know it may seem a bit early but there's a reason behind it. See we don't spend our Christmas here. Never have. We always travel back home for Christmas and are gone for a good 2 weeks. So I don't get to enjoy my tree or decorations here. So we put them up early and get to enjoy them for a couple of weeks before we go! I'm odd, yes I know :) The Boy was pretty entertaining while decorating. When putting the tree up he had no real interest (its a fake tree). But once the lights were on he thought he should be pulling on them and trying to put them in his mouth. Then the decorations came out. Of course the non-breakable ones are at the bottom. He of course loves to pull them off and throw them. Oh the fun of it all. He's going to be into everything and will have the tree on top of himself at least once.

Let the fun begin!!
.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm here! Not very present in the blogosphere myself, but reading and wishing you the best!

Anonymous said...

Still here. Keep us updated. :)

Anonymous said...

Silly, just wanted to let you know that I check your blog daily! Hope all is well!
Dream

laura said...

I'm here ... always checking in.

You and your Cuba trips ... sound like such fun. I wish we could go!

Anonymous said...

Hello :)
I'm reading :)
Keep writing :)

From Shirley Ann :)