Maybe I should...
Yesterday was day 1. I have to call the clinic today and make my decision. The decision that I still have not made and I'm running out of time. What do I do?
I really want to call in and get things going but now I feel like I'm rushing things. I'm a firm believer of going with your instincts. But I think mine are messed up and I'm second guessing myself. This trip we are planning for April is really weighing on me. Its an important trip and I don't want to do anything to mess up those plans. My parents are looking forward to going and what happens if I do get pregnant and am really sick or something? What if I have to cancel the trip all together. Or I end up going and am sick the whole time we're there? Either way I know my parents would be happy about the new baby and all, but I know they'd be disappointed about the trip. They've never gone anywhere out of the country except for Florida. Let me make this clear though, no one is asking me to delay this decision. It's all me and everyone will be happy with what ever I decide to do.
Now there are pros and con's of delaying the cycle.
The pros:
1) I can be sure the mycoplasma is gone
2) I just started taking the metformin again. I would be sure I really have it in my system
3) I just started acupuncture again. This giving me 3 more months would get my body working a little better
4) I can have 3 or so more months to lose a little more weight
5) I can drink my face off in Cuba.
The cons:
I wouldn't be pregnant until April/May (assuming it works) and would be having probably a January baby instead of another October baby.
So...
Do I cycle now. Worry about how things are going to play out over the next couple of months and hopefully have a October baby?
or
Do I cycle the end of March (day 1 for that cycle would be the last week of March). Have the next 3 months worry free. Get rid of the mycoplasma, have 3 months to work on the metformin, acupuncture and lose weight, have a great time in Cuba and complete my cycle when we return and have hopefully a January baby?
What would you do... honestly? If you happen to read this before 5pm eastern today... could you give me your thoughts? I'd greatly appreciate it!
.
3 comments:
I wish I could help- it's such a hard thing to decide! I guess my personal decision would be based on how far apart you want the kids- and whether the wait is worth possibly disrupting your vacation. If you will be devistated that you can't go, or can't drink- then wait a few months. If waiting seems worse, then do it now. I know that isn't much help- we had a hard time deciding when to cycle again ourselves and the night before the IUI almost changed our minds.
Good luck!
Such a hard decision... Based on your points, I would wait... I know it would be hard, but I always thought that when I had doubts, it was for a reason and I should listen to my gut. In the end, 3 months isn't that long...
Oh and this has nothing to do with the fact that I have a January baby and that he's the most wonderful kid ever. ;)
So what did you decide?
It sounded like you had a lot of good reasons to wait and it's not such a long time. In fact, it'll pass before you know it.
Post a Comment