He went to the vet, and yes, $250 later he came back!
I was 100% sure that when hubby whisked him out of the house yesterday that it would be the last time I saw him. I cried and cried. I've had him for 9 years now, how could I not?
So anyway, here's the scoop on the cat. The vet appointment came about because not only was he shitting on my floor, he decided to start pee'ing on the floor. Not good. Hubby ready to kill dear kitty. So I figured there HAS to be something wrong. I mean, why else would he all of the sudden start doing that?
They wanted to do a urinalysis and see what was up. Of course, he didn't want to co-operate so they kept him there for the day. After the full day at the vet he still hadn't produced. So sedatives here we come. They sedated him and were finally able to get what they needed. Diagnosis: LOTS of bacteria in his urine = Bladder / Urinary Tract Infection. Perfect... we have a reason anyway. BUT he may also have stones, so we'll have to wait and see on that one. 2 weeks of antibiotics and hopefully that'll clear him up.
As for the shitting on the floor? Well they figure he's got Inflammatory Bowel Disease. The antibiotics should help with that as well. They've also changed his food from one ridiculously priced food to another. We'll see. Within a couple of weeks we should know.
Oh, and they also figure he's got arthritis in his back legs. Nice. This is his last kick at the can unfortunately :( There's nothing else they can do for him if this does not work. As much as I hate that he's sick, at least I feel better knowing that there's something wrong with him and he's not just being a pain in my ass for no reason. Cross your fingers...
7 days until we head out for vacation. I'm sooooooooooooo excited... I absolutely can't wait to sit at my parents cottage in PEI and (hopefully) do nothing for 2 glorious weeks. Well, with the exception of a wedding and a baby shower or two, I'll be doing nothing!
My cold is still hanging around. Its better, but still there. Spanglish, I did the steam thing and it seems to have helped. I'm pretty much just left with a cough. I constantly feel like I have a tickle in my throat and its driving me crazy. Hopefully it'll be gone by the end of the weekend.
On the belly front... I'm now into my 7th month and into my 3rd trimester. Can you believe it? Wow where does the time go? Honestly it feels like yesterday that I was shooting myself up every day and anxiously waiting for retrieval and transfer to arrive. 28+ weeks sure flies by doesn't it? I'm feeling good (other than this freakin' cold). I think I had my first braxton hicks contraction the other day. Could be wrong though, maybe it was just a muscle spasm. But it was something I hadn't felt before. Not much else to report. I was down 1/2 lb since last week. That's probably to do with the cold though. My appetite hasn't been all that great. Next OB is August 28th and I'm sure after 2 weeks vacation I'll be up at least a couple of pounds!
Well that's all for now folks. Time for some lunch. Have a great long weekend for those Canucks out there!!
.
3 comments:
What a relief to know that the poor cat is having health issues rather than personality disorders. A health issue can be resolved more easily than a behavioral crisis. And after all of this, if the kitten still is not well, at least you have the peace of mind that you have done everything you possibly could for him.
My mom used to give me hot lemon juice with honey to soothe my throat if I had a cough. She didn't use lemonade, she actually squeezed lemons, heated the juice, and put lots of honey in it. It didn't take much -- just a shot glass, but it really worked. I guess the acidity of the lemon juice and the thickness of the honey would eliminate the mucus tickling my throat. I never do it on my own. I'm too lazy, and I never have lemons on hand. I do gargle with warm salty water, though. It's not as effective as mom's remedy, but it helps.
Have a great holiday!
I'm glad that kitty came home and there is a solution to your problem. :)
I'm having similar kitty problems... after 2x diagnosis of UTI, she's still doing it.more so now that the babies are here. She's currently on valium, but we're trying to figure out how to make her an indoor/outdoor cat. It's heartbreaking, but the house is starting to stink. I hope that things work out for you guys ... it's hard ot deal with but best to do before baby arrives.
Seven months? I remember reading all about your IVF, and it seems like yesterday. So thrilled that things are going so well. Can't wait to hear more about the pregnancy and baby!!
Post a Comment