For anyone out there who is still suffering with dial-up, my sympathies go out to you. But for God sakes, switch to highspeed!! For the 2 weeks that we were on vacation all I had access to was dial-up, and did I ever want to just shoot myself while using it. ARGH.
Dial-up = No bloggy updates
Just in case you were wondering :)
So back from vacation... Unfortunately. The weather was great but vacations are NEVER long enough. Of course we were in PEI... which is home... which is where I want to be living and not in this Godforsaken city. Anyway, I digress...
We had two small baby showers when I was home. They were wonderful. A few of my girlfriends took me out to supper then they had gifts for me later... it was awesome. And the second was thrown by my family. Lots of things to add to baby's collection and some of the cutest sleepers you've ever seen. I'm not necessarily one for being the center of attention, but I had fun and am thankful for everyone who came and brought baby a little something :)
It was hard going back to work today. One because I really don't want to be there most days. One of my co-workers drives me absolutely INSANE. And secondly, well, because I'm just getting uncomfortable. So if this was so hard after just two weeks, what's it going to be like after 1 full year? YIKES! I know I'll be busy with baby and all, but that's a long time to be off work and it's going to be hard going back. I'll suffer through it though!
32 weeks already... can you believe it? Went to the OB yesterday and everything is going well. Baby is head down... which I already knew because I have feet in my ribs all day, every day. Can you say OUCH? I love seeing and feeling baby moving and all, but come on! Enough with the ribs already!! We're up to bi-weekly appointments and my next is on Sept 11th. We're also having another ultrasound that day. 3D... cool eh! I'll share a picture if you like. Then as of Sept 25th we're on weekly appointments. I can't believe the time has gone by so fast and I'm getting close to the end. I'm scared and nervous and excited all at the same time.
Question Time!!
Cord Blood Banking... yes or no? Did you or are you going to? If you are in Canada and you did... what company did you go with?? Opinions Please!!
.
4 comments:
Cord Blood Banking ... I totally planned to do it. I started doing research, and had planned to pick a company. J has a hereditary disease, and I though, who knows, this could help someday. And for many other reasons, too. Who knows what our children's future will be like?
Anyway, I didn't have it together by the time they came along (9 weeks early), so I missed the opportunity. I wish I had.
We decided to do cord blood banking. It's costing us $2000 initially and then $125 a year to keep it stored. We are using Viacord, but we are in the U.S.
I was leaning toward doing the cord blood bank, but everything went to hell before I ever had a chance to research it. I'm glad you had a nice vacation. I hope shit at work gets better soon.
P.S. Yes -- definitely post a picture of the little missy or junior.
Post a Comment