Thursday, August 10, 2006

And so it begins...

So... its been a week since Kitty Kat has been to the vet. I know you are all just dying to know how he's doing right!?! Well he's actually doing pretty well. He's obviously feeling better judging by how much he's been yelling at me from the other side of the bathroom door! You may think we're horrible, but I assure you we're not. We're doing this for his own good and have his best interest at heart. We've been keeping him confined to an unused bathroom. Full sized bathroom thank you and he's got all the necessities. Food, water, a bed, toys, and of course a litter box. You'll be happy to know that he pooped in the litter box today!!! YAY we have progress!!! Now everyone together... cross your fingers that he's a reformed boy and will continue in the box. That'd be GREAT!

The kitties are staying with my WONDERFUL friend Shannon for the next 2 weeks while we're on vacation. I hope that they behave. I don't want her to go insane while we're gone. Luv ya Shan!

Laura, I hope that your kitty gets better. UTI's are no fun at all. Did the vet put her on antibiotics or change her food or anything? My vet said that sometimes they need to have their food changed to help problems like this too (which my guy is now on new food too!)

Spanglish, how's the new puppy?? I'm so jealous... she's sooooooo cute!

Ahhh... you gotta love pets eh!

Let's see, what else do I have to tell you about? Oh, well did I tell you about my first trip to Labor and Delivery?? As the title says, and so it begins! I made my first trip to Labor and Delivery this past Saturday morning at 7:30am and it kinda freaked me out. Not for the fact that I was there at that point, more for the fact that I'm realizing I don't have a lot of time left before I'll be there for real. Anyway, on with the story...

Friday night while walking down from the 2nd to 1st floor at home I got some awful sharp pains in my lower abdomen. I had to sit down on the stairs and couldn't walk anymore. I tried to get up a couple of times but it was too painful. After sitting there for a good 5-7 minutes it was gone and I was ok. A couple of hours later... the same thing. It also passed and I was able to go to sleep. At 6:30am Saturday I woke up with the pain. I got up to go to the bathroom and could hardly walk it hurt so much. Yep, it freaked me out, but freaked out hubby even more. He was packing me up and off to the hospital we went.

They had baby and I hooked up to monitors pretty quickly. We didn't think I was having contractions, but wanted to figure out what was going on. Baby was ok, although the heart rate was pretty slow (120's and usually its well over 150's) and I didn't remember feeling any movement from the night before. That quickly changed however. About a 1/2 hour later baby started kicking lots and the heart beat jumped up over 150's as normal. Everyone was happy. My blood pressure and temp were good. They had me pee in a cup and there was nothing there so that was good. They just kept an eye on me for a bit and that was that. They figure it was probably just ligaments stretching/ripping and it was just stronger than I had felt before. They then kicked me out and said they didn't want to see me for at least another 8 weeks. I was happy with that agreement and went home to rest. I slept for the day and was all good. Lets hope that's the last visit there for at least another 6 weeks k?

So this will probably be my last update for the next couple of weeks. We're heading out to the East Coast tomorrow for vacation... YAY! If I have time I'll update when I can. I plan on sitting on a beach as much as I can though and there's not much internet access on the beach :)

Lala, I wish you a good trip down east also. I hope everything goes well with the move and you all make it there in one piece without killing each other! (Ya gotta love road trips!) I'll be eating that free wedding food while thinking of you driving HEHE. That was mean, yes I know. Anyway I'll talk to you soon and maybe? see you on the 19th?

Ok boys and girls, I'm outie... have a good couple of weeks and send me email if anything exciting happens k?
.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOORAYYYY for poop in the litterbox.

And HOOORRAAAAYYYYY that the pain was nothing to be scared about.

And the third cheer for vacation -- I hope your husband pampers you silly, and you pamper yourself too because when the little on comes along... you know. It'll be pampers of a different sort.

The puppy is doing great. She's learning quickly, and she's got a very happy personality. It's nice having a happy trouble-maker running around the house. Thanks for asking!

Anonymous said...

Have a great holiday. :)