That friend was a TV show (I'm fucked I know... you don't have to tell me!)

As I sit here and watch the final episode yet again, I think of what I'll miss. For the past 5 years this has been what I consider to be my favorite show. How will I survive??? Monday nights just won't be the same. What will be its replacement? inconceivable? I very highly doubt it. Somehow I just don't see that as being a "good" show. What's next to leave? The Sopranos? Oh that's right... yes... it is. March will bring the 6th and final season of that as well. HBO... why are you doing this to me!?!?!?!
Do any of you watch 6 Feet Under? What will you do without it??
So for those of you that do watch it... what did you think of the final episode? I thought it was pretty good. I like the way the totally ended it. It obviously leaves no room for any kind of comeback though... not that it ever would I guess!
It has just finished and I'm sitting here in tears... yikes...
Lots of baby activity going on in the blog world. From my list of daily reads...
Karen is adopting a little girl from China
Jen is having twins!
Dramalish is pregnant
Tania is pregnant
TigerJen is pregnant
Kiwi is pregnant
Bugs is having triplets!
Bakerswife is having twins!
That's a lot of babies when you add them all up. When I started blogging, none of these ladies were pregnant yet. So within the last few months, 8 ladies are having 12 babies! I'm kind of hoping that something will rub off. Ladies... throw a little something my way won't you!?!
.
3 comments:
Sheryl... snif snif it IS sad, the end of the wacky clan on Six Feet Under! I quite liked the way the finale was handled. I don't know if it was meant to be funny, but I laughed at Brenda's passing because it was as if Billy finally bored her to death.
HBO will follow through with something almost as (if not as) good. I really mourned the loss of "my girls," at the end of Sex and the City, but Six Feet Under took over for them. I'm addicted to Carnivale and Deadwood as well. It's awful how much I enjoy HBO, but at least I don't watch much "regular" t.v.
The thing with 6 Feet is that I really came to genuinely like and dislike EACH of the characters in turn -- it was as if I had met real people, and I had phases of whether or not I was pleased with them. Overall my favorite characters were Claire and David. In the beginning I really adored Nate, but for the most part I have liked them all at some point.
I had a hard time with Ruth. She has a good heart, but she's quite annoying.
I think it's really adorable that you've mourned the end of the season with tears. It's so nice to see that someone else has the same overdrive capacity to cry.
*** hugs ***
If only that stupid babydust would work, I'd throw a truckload your way!
I totally bawled during the last two episodes of SFU, partially because I hate it that Nate died in such an a**hole-ish way, and also cause I was so sad it was all over! It was a Sunday night ritual with some friends, and I will miss it! Loved the way they ended it, though.
P.S. I watch waaaaay too much TV too.
Post a Comment