We come home from vacation on Friday night. Saturday I'm exhausted so I really didn't do a whole lot beyond venturing to the grocery store. Sunday was all the excitement...
Our lawn hadn't been cut in over 3 weeks. So needless to say it was a jungle out there! I attempted to do a little cutting (which I normally don't do... hubby always cuts the grass!) Anyway I got a small pie shaped area cut and I was exhausted. Break time...
Decided I'd work on another project inside the house. Putting a frosted sticker type thing on our bathroom windows. ANYWAY... so we've got one of those really deep roman tubs. I was standing in the tub in order to put the sticker thingies up. When I attempted to get out I didn't lift my left leg high enough... whacked my foot on the faucet... THEN on the edge of the ceramic tub surround!
Can you say broken toe boys and girls!
Yep my little toe is sore as hell and is a pretty black and purple color. Of course Doc Happy that I went to see twisted the crap out of it and said "yep, its probably broken, lets wrap it together with the next toe". I'm so glad he went to about 8 years of medical school to tell me that!
I've been hobbling around ever since.
Today I wake up feeling nauseous. All day, the feeling just won't go away. Eating toast to see if that settles me. It does for a bit but not long. I've had soup and crackers. Still, a brief moment of feeling better, but then feeling like a bag of shit yet again. I've now resorted to gravol. So that will be my excuse for any spelling mistakes or just weird comments!
Damn I'm evening boring myself with this little post. I'm sorry, truly I am. When I'm feeling better hopefully I'll have a something more exciting to say.
Oh yes, and I know I said I'd post some pictures from my trip... well here's one for now and I'll put up a few more once I have some energy!

Come Play On My Island...
>
>
4 comments:
Ouch! I broke my little toe once too. I kicked a shopping cart wheel. Oooh, man - I so feel your pain.
Ewww... broken toes SUCK! Hope your little toe recovers quickly. Can't wait to see more pictures of your vacation!
:( Sorry about the toe...
Hey sheryl...love your blog....so glad you posted to mine so i could find you...Hey listen..i noticed that when you click on your profile...you can get access to BOTH of your blogs..so your family one????? Yeah, they easily can hop on your Infertile Turtle one...go into your profile and change it ASAP so that your blogs DO NOT appear in your profile :)
Post a Comment