Its a done deal...
We are now "officially" on the IVF bandwagon. Hmmm... is that a good thing? Of course it is! It means no more fucking around!
So our appointment was bright and early yesterday. Doc Boyscout was in his usual happy mood. His new assistant, Miss Cheery Pants, was equally as happy. All in all... it started out great!
Doc Boyscout went over all the forms with us one by one... and we signed one by one above our respectful "the man" and "the woman" areas and (un?)happily handed over our $200 consult fee and $400 annual administration fees.
Admin fees. Are you fucking kidding me? We're not even going to be doing anything at the clinic until at least November. So I'm thinkin' I shouldn't be paying them until then right? Apparently not. So really... my annual fee is only going to cover me for 10 months instead of 12. Does anyone else see a problem with that or am I just a looney toon?
Metformin?
Kicking my ass as usual. I mentioned to Doc Boyscout that I've been feeling nauseas for just over a week now and some heartburn on and off. So he questioned whether I'd be pregnant or not. I laughed and pretty much said it would be a fucking miracle. Hard to be doin' the nasty when your parents are in the next room! He wanted to send me for a blood test anyway. If it was negative he wanted me to cut back the metformin to 2 pills a day instead of 3.
12:30pm
Called Miss Cheery Pants. Test was negative. No surprise there... cut back the metformin and we'll see what happens.
I'm starting to see more and more previews for Inconceivable. The more I see the more I don't like it already. It must be starting soon though. Will I add it to my current schedule? Time will tell...
My current show addictions are (or will be once the new seasons start!):
LOST
CSI (Original and Miami)
Rescue Me
House
ER
Yep, I watch way too much TV!
Back to the IVF. When I called back Miss Cheery Pants for the test results, I asked when she thought they'd be calling to give me my schedule. She said in about 3 weeks and that they were just starting day 1 call ins for December. So a December call in will probably mean January activity. I'm ok with that. I guess it means I'll probably be able to go home for Christmas!
Apparently I'm on the Agonist protocol if that means anything to anyone. Or so they tell me. Apparently its a longer schedule and I'll be taking Superfact? I dunno. Guess I've got some more reading to do! I got my fancy little puregon pen too! When I did my IUIs they didn't have the fancy pens so I just had disposable ones. I'm sure I'll fuck up the pen at some point though!
So really... am I ready for this? I hope so!
I'm off to see The Wizard... The Wonderful Wizard of Oz...
.
No comments:
Post a Comment