So we arrived safe and sound in Orlando. We flew out of Syracuse and flew with Jet Blue. Awesome airline by the way. We loved every part of the flight and the crew was amazing. They give you great snacks on Jet Blue. Are you listening to that Air Canada?
We get shuttled to the car rental to pick up what ever tiny little car they've selected for us. The guy at the counter is of course pushing the upgrades and talks The Mister into a convertible. It actually really wasn't much more and it made him happy. Which was what the weekend was all about.

The hotel was kind of nice. It was extremely cheap, which again, was what the weekend was all about! I wouldn't stay there again tho. The room was great. It was a suite with a separate bedroom. Beautiful king size comfy bed. Had a great sleep. What we didn't enjoy was waking up to the MILLIONS of ants that had invaded our room over the night. Not in the bedroom, but in the living room and it was sooooo gross. They told us it was that time of the year. They greatly apologized and moved our room. We were on the 2nd floor of the building too! The next room was exactly the same. Nice room, but again, a few ants. They came and sprayed when we were out for the day and that seemed to keep them at bay. I don't know if it was just the hotel, or if it really was that time of year. But as nice as the hotel was, just not wanting to stay again.
Day 1 at the park - Hollywood Studios, Star Wars Weekends
Walking into the park you are greeted by Storm Troopers patrolling the gate. Way too cool! The Mister was like a 6 year old I swear.


The park was busy as we expected, but bearable. It was pretty toasty though. Especially for someone who is 6 months pregnant! There were Star Wars related characters all over the park. Of course the Star Tours area was a zoo of people. And the characters were dressed up as Star Wars Characters too!


The parade was pretty cool. Characters, Storm Troopers, Vehicles, Planes...


Being at Hollywood Studios we had to visit all the rides of course. Me not being able to go on my favorites was KILLING me! No Rockin' Roller Coaster, no Tower of Terror. GASP! The Mister got to do them all while I patiently sat in the lobbies (which were air conditioned so I didn't mind!) waiting for him to come out all excited. Next time I kept telling myself. Next time I'm going on them all TWICE!
This is what we waited for ALL day! Toy Story Mania! We got to the park at 9:30ish and got our fast pass. It was for 8:10 that night! Holy long day waiting. We obviously kept ourselves busy but it just seemed like soooo long. It was well worth the wait though, it was pretty damn cool! I have to say one thing, Disney is awesome when you're pregnant. They pushed us up in lines in the handicap lane, special parking in the parking lot so I didn't have to walk far to get to the trams (I found that one kind of funny seeing as I was going to be walking around a park all day! We took it none-the-less!)The next day was a shopping day for us. Hit the outlet malls and got some pretty good deals. As always a trip to Target. Can`t miss it! We also did the Downtown Disney run. Can't miss that either. I could spend hours in The World of Disney!
Our last day we headed to The Magic Kingdom. Hollywood Studios and Magic Kingdom are my must visits. Yes Epcot and Animal Kingdom are awesome too, but if I've only got 2 days, then these are the must see parks.
Pirates of the Caribbean and Haunted Mansion. Must visits. Monsters Inc Laugh Floor is hilarious. Always have to do the Carousel of Progress. If nothing else but a few minutes of sitting in air conditioning! Eating at Magic Kingdom? Hands down... Cosmic Rays. We look forward to eating there. There have been times where we've left other parks to go to Magic Kingdom just to eat there (having a park hopper ticket of course).


We really did have a fabulous few days. It was short and sweet but we loved every minute. For those of you on Facebook, I have a whole album of pictures there if you ever wanted to see them. Just let me know.
I'm sorry to say we won't be doing down for Star Wars Weekends this year. The Mister is completely devastated. I had delayed booking the flight because of being so sick for those 3+ weeks. I wanted to make sure I was going to be feeling ok because the tickets were non-refundable and I really didn't feel like throwing away $700. Silly of me yes I know. When it actually came time for me to say, Ok, let's go... the prices of the flights went up by about $500. Craziness. I wasn't paying just over $1200 for the 3 of us to fly (The Girl is free) when just not long before that it was less than $700. The Mister agreed, although sad about it.
We've decided last night that we'll start planning for 2011 soon and hopefully with the help of my friend Chris, we'll be able to stay at a Disney Vacation Club resort! Sooo looking forward to that. We're going through Disney withdrawal soooo bad. It was just a year ago that we were there, but really, is once a year enough? NOOOOOOOOO!
Hope you enjoyed Part 2 of the Great WDW Escape. It wasn't as exciting as I planned on it being, but I don't think my mind is working too well for writing today.
So I don't know what will be next... Dominican or The Exciting News! I guess you'll just have to come back and see :)


No comments:
Post a Comment