Friday, June 11, 2010

The Countdown is on!

Only 5 more sleeps until the kids and I head off to Prince Edward Island for the summer! Ohhhhhh I can't wait. There's a lovely little pizzeria that is calling my name. I've been craving it for WEEKS now. The best pizza you'd ever have and always my first meal when I arrive home!

There are perks to being on Mat leave, and being able to spend the summer in PEI is the best I have to say. All summer, at the cottage, water 20 feet in front of me, beach a 5 minute car ride, or 10 minute boat ride (We're lucky enough to have the choice!) and nothing to do but relax and play all summer. What more could a person want!?! Both our families are there so we get to spend the summer with them. We both have more friends on the Island than we do here in the big city. I'm just soooo looking forward to it.

The kids and I fly out on the 16th with The Mister following about 10 days later. He was also lucky enough to be able to take 8 weeks off work. Working for the Government has its perks too!

Not too much going on here other than getting ready to go. Summer seems to have been here and left already. I guess I must have blinked and missed it or something. I'm hoping the weather gets better.

I'm still not 100% after being sick. My inner ear must be still a little inflamed as I still get dizzy from time to time. Especially if I lay down on my right side too quickly. If I slowly lay down I'm ok. The doctor did tell me it could take a good number of weeks to get back to normal. I heard from a friend last night that his mother is sick with the same thing and its been going on 8 weeks now for her. Although I think she's worse than I am. I can at least function now which is sooo much better.

I'm so very happy for two of my friends right now. They are both pregnant after ART.  One did IUI and is now happily expecting twins (yay!) and the other did a FET and is happily expecting a singleton. You know its amazing just how many people have to go through ART to get pregnant. I have to wonder if I didn't go though it, would I know as many people who have? Are we just ignorant to it when we have nothing to do with it? It just seems like I have so many friends that have experienced infertility. Is it the new thing on the rise or are people just talking about it more? Either way, it really sucks that we all have to go through it. I'm extremely grateful that all my friends that have dealt with it though are either parents or happily expecting!

More to come. A little on Dominican and the little tidbit of news that I've been teasing you with.

Happy Friday everyone :)

No comments: