Well HELLO Ladies! Glad to see I still have a few people hanging around. Very nice to see you all :)
Dream - Congrats on baby number 2!! Another boy... how very exciting!!! Can't wait to hear all about his arrival :)
So yet again another delay in my posting. I suck at this don't I? I do have a pretty good excuse though. I've been sick for just over 2 weeks now. Really NOT FUN. May 1st weekend I went to bed Saturday night and felt ill. I ended up vomiting and dizzy all night. I figured I had the flu since The Boy was sick the week before. On Monday when the dizziness hadn't cleared up, I went to the doctor. I was diagnosed with Labrynthtitus. Nice. So no driving, no carrying the baby, pretty much hanging out in bed. I had to send The Girl to daycare with The Boy as The Mister couldn't stay home with me.
This went on for the week. MY poor Mother in PEI was having a hard time with me being sick up here and her not being able to help me. So after another trip to the doctor, she decided she was coming up to help. God Love Her! She got special leave from work and was coming up for a week.
Flash forward to the next weekend. I end up in the ER for the day Saturday because I had a headache that had started on Thursday and it felt like someone was driving a knife into my head. I felt like I was dying. They did blood work and a CT scan. All was clear. They pumped me full of drugs and fluids because I was dehydrated as well. After a good chunk of the day they cleared me and sent me on my way. Tylenol every 4 hours and gravol to help with the nausea. Mom was arriving Sunday morning and I couldn't wait.
So all last week I was drugging up every 4 hours. Spending lots of time in bed with the heating pad on my neck and resting. Mom looked after the children and everything else. Finally after 2 weeks of feeling like I'm dying, I'm finally on the mend. I can get away with taking meds maybe once or twice a day, if that. The dizziness is gone and its just the headache that comes and goes. I don't know what I would have done without my Mother. She was such a huge help and I really wish she didn't live so far away. She went home yesterday. I figure a few more days and I'll be back to normal. Well, as close to normal as I'll ever be!! HAHA
Ya that was pretty long. Sorry about that...
Oh, I've started taking cake decorating classes! They're really fun and keeping me busy. I'm trying to post pictures but it won't let me. I'll try again later. I have to say they're not bad. I'm getting better and people are actually wanting me to make cakes for them. So they can't be too bad right!?!
The Girl? Kind of cute isn't she? She was born September 26th bright and early in the morning, almost a month early. I was induced because my fluid was low. She was a tiny little monkey. She only weighted 5lbs 1oz. Like her brother she spent some time in the NICU, 2 weeks to be exact. But she's good now. A happy, LOUD, entertaining 7.5 month old. I can't believe just how quick the time goes by. And I can't believe the differences between both kids. Activity-wise. She's much more active and busy than her brother ever was. I'll post more on her and some pictures of them both.
Posts to follow:
WDW Part II
Our Dominican Trip - Fun with a baby and toddler!
Some exciting news!
WDW - 2010
Not necessarily in that order, but that's whats coming. And of course some pictures when this stupid thing starts working again.
Stay tuned ladies and keep the comments coming!!!
3 comments:
Hey Silly!
Glad to hear that your starting to feel better. Aren't mommies the best?!
Well, you've got my curiosity on the posts to come so you better post soon!!!
Take care,
Dream
Hey Sheryl,
Happy to hear you're feeling better...sounds like quite the ordeal!
Not sure if you knew, but we now have a new little one running around as well...Rider was born last June - so we now have one of each as well! We've come quite far since our first meeting sooo long ago!
We went to Disney this past February (with both kids) so I'm looking forward to reading your posts about your travels.
Good to have you back!
-Jillian
I'm sorry you were sick. Looking forward to hearing more.
Post a Comment