Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Vanishing Act

Mornin All!

Apologies for keeping you in the dark about last week
s ultrasound report. I know there are a few of you who are (im)patiently waiting!!

So we arrived at the fancy clinic at about 1:15 for our 1:30 appointment. I couldnt remember if I was supposed to drink water or not so about 45 minutes before I started sucking the water back. It turns out I didnt need it so all was good.

Ultrasound tech started with an external exam to see if she could see anything baby wise. She actually could and I was surprised because there was like no water in my bladder. She saw a heartbeat!

She then switched over to the internal exam and we were able to see things much clearer.

We saw one healthy little heart beating away at 130bmp!!! Baby was measuring 7w3d and I was 7w1day. PERFECT!

There was a big sigh of relief coming from my left side. The Mister was terrified we were having twins and was quite relieved when there was only one.

He was right to worry though, because of course we actually were having twins. The ultrasound in fact showed 2 babies. Unfortunately Twin B was measuring about 1 week behind Twin A and had no heartbeat. They said that things probably wouldnt change and Twin B wouldnt keep growing. It would just be absorbed back into the body. They call it a vanishing twin

I was kind of sad to know and see that there was indeed two and one didnt make it. As much as twins would have been hard work, it would have been nice if they both had made it.

However, we are extremely excited and happy to have one healthy little guy/gal growing in there. Im now 8 weeks (well, tomorrow) and am still feeling kind of crappy. Im on the diclectin now and that at least helps. It makes me tired though so that makes it a little tough to function at work. But tired is better than sick I guess so Ill learn to deal with it. Hopefully Ill only need it for a couple more weeks. With The Boy I believe I stopped taking it just before week 12.

I have an OB appointment on Monday. Kind of early I was thinking, but maybe it is because we want to go away and they want to get us in before hand? Doc Boyscout gave us the OK to go to Cuba  YAY! Now we just have to get off our asses and book the trip. Damn prices went up since we started looking. And the resort that we had pretty much decided on is now booked, so we cant go there. ARGH. Why cant this be easier?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Silly - sorry to hear about Twin B but at least everything is well with your little gal/guy. Take care of yourself and enjoy CUBA! - Dream