Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Time Sure Flies...

When you're not blogging like you should be!!

Sorry I've been such a slacker over the past month. It has been somewhat crazy around here and it appears that things just may get worse before they get better. Not in a bad way though, just in a busy way!

We just got back from our lovely trip to Cuba. It was nice, but not as pleasant as the previous two years that we've been down. The resort wasn't all it was cracked up to be. The food was awful. The beach was beautiful and we had a room with a balcony right on the beach (after switching rooms on the 2nd day mind you). We were in Varadero and it was very busy. I don't think we'll go back. We've been in Cayo Coco and Holguin and enjoyed those much better. Next year I believe we'll go to the Dominican Republic though. Overall the trip was good though. The weather was amazing and we did have a good time. My so called waterproof camera died on me 4 days into the trip though. I was not a happy camper. We took it in to get fixed and they said "oh, you were supposed to come in every 8 months to get the seals changed". Well of course they didn't tell us that when we bought it just barely a year ago. Anyway they're fixing it and I'll know for next year. I'll throw a couple of pictures up once I get the camera back.

All is well with the baby. We had an ultrasound on Monday...


Everything is right on target. This little one is VERY active compared to The Boy and has a higher heart rate. The u/s tech had a hard time getting measurements because she wouldn't stop moving! BTW, I'm not saying she because I know or anything. But I do have a feeling its a girl for some reason. So when I was pregnant with The Boy we called him Stewie from The Family Guy. Well seeing as The Mister is also a fan of The Simpsons and I have a feeling its a girl, this baby is going to be Maggie. Lets see if our show predictions pan out. What do you think?

I'm feeling good. The nausea has finally gone away. Again with this pregnancy I haven't gained any weight. I'm actually down 14 pounds from transfer day. Dr isn't worried so I won't be either. Now that the nausea is gone away my appetite is getting better, so maybe I'll gain a little weight.

Other news includes the fact that we're probably moving! We've decided that our 3 bedroom won't be enough when "Maggie" arrives. With a bedroom for us, one for each little one, that takes up all the rooms. Having all our family and friends living in another province, we need a spare room because we have visitors often. And I'd like to have a little bigger yard. So we're on the hunt. We've got a real estate agent coming over tomorrow to evaluate the house and we've also found a house we're going to look at on the weekend. Its a nice house about 5 minutes further into the country than we live right now. Huge yard and a nice 4 bedroom. I'm looking forward to seeing it. Not looking forward to the packing and moving, but I'll suck it up!

The Boy is going through terrible two's. Just over the past 4-5 days he seems to be taking little temper tantrums and its driving me crazy. He points his finger at us and says NO when you ask him to do something. Or when he's mad. He was good overall when we were in Cuba, but now that we're back he seems to have sprouted horns and turned into the devil. Maybe he's just over tired from the trip and its catching up with him? One can only hope that its just that fact that his whole routine got messed up and its just catching up with him. It'll pass right? I'm not going to have to deal with the crazy 3 year old and a newborn am I??
.

No comments: