Thursday, April 05, 2007

We're back... Miss Us?

I'm really thinking not. But hey, ya never know right?

Our trip to PEI was good. 2 weeks goes by pretty damn quick. Grammie and Grampie had a good visit with The Boy. They worked all day but as soon as they got home, it was all about The Boy. They hardly let him down. Grammie bought him way too many things as usual. I guess this is what comes with the first grandchild?

The Boy had a few discoveries while we were home. He had his first trip to the pool. LOVED.IT. He found the joy in a Jolly Jumper. AND... he learned to sit up on his own. Well, pretty much anyway. For the most part he can sit up. Pretty proud of The Boy I tell ya! Oh, and his hair grew to almost twice the length it was in about a week. That was pretty weird. I can't wait to see what he's going to look like with hair. I hope he gets my hair though. Nice and thick. I'll cross my fingers on that one but won't hold my breath...

I talked about us going south not long ago. Well we are going and we're going to the Dominican. Last week of April and I'm pretty excited. The Boy is going to stay with Grammie and Grampie. They will love it. Hope he does too. We're going to Puerto Plata and we're going with some friends. That will be fun I hope. Any suggestions from any of you who have been to the Dominican? Like stuff to bring etc?

Kris, thanks for the note about the naps! We can get The Boy to sleep in his crib at night with no problems. He goes down at about 9:30pm and usually I don't hear from him until 8-8:30am. Sometimes he'll wake up, cry, then go right back to sleep. We don't usually have to go in. But naps? That's a whole other ballgame. He won't nap in his crib. Only the bouncy seat or the swing. I tried a couple of times to move him to the crib. He cried and cried. I tried letting him fall asleep in the swing then moving him to the crib. No go. I can't have him napping in his swing all the time...

Here's a little something to entertain you...

Gotta love the Bumbo

I LOVE to smile!

Practicing for the pool

Apparently its time for The Boy to eat... I'll be back!
.

2 comments:

Kris said...

Such the handsome little guy you have there! I LOVE the smiles. Nothing melts my heart more....

I'm not sure what the nap secret may be... Brody is now doing great with naps, but we have had a 2-3 hour stretch every night (about 12-3) where he won't sleep- not necessarily crying, just playing, and cooing and such. It's making for one very tired and grumpy mommy!

Sunny said...

OH MY GOSH I love his smile!