For winter? Cause I sure as hell am not. Snow snow and more snow is what I'm looking at out the window today. Our first real snowfall of the year with 10 to 15cm expected. Nothing like starting big eh! Welcome to PEI :)
Honestly though, I prefer winter in PEI to winter in Ottawa. Yes there is more snow here, but its not nearly as cold. And its the cold that kills me. Snow I can handle. Snow can be fun. Cold is not and never will be fun.
Speaking of PEI, our stay is going very well so far. We've been visiting family and friends and really doing a lot of nothing (well ok, sleeping!) and its been nice. Its really nice to have hubby home with me. I'm sure going to miss him when he goes back to work in January. Hopefully Logan will be sleeping through the night by then. My parents help with him some, but not really a whole lot because they work during the day and need their sleep at night. But they are getting lots of quality time with him in the evenings and on weekends. They'll be missing him when we go home that's for sure.
Have you all got your Christmas shopping done yet? I have probably 3 things bought and that's it. Pretty sad really. And I have absolutely no idea what I'm getting everyone. Its killing me! This whole maternity leave thing has been playing havoc with the funds and that's not making things easy either. But that's the least of my problems. Anyone have any ideas on what to get my hubby? He's hard to buy for sometimes. And other than a Playstation 3 or XBox 360 (yes he's a 6 year old at heart and really wants one, but isn't getting either!) there's just nothing he really has told me he wants. So any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
It has been 6 weeks since the big guy arrived. I'm generally feeling ok. A little tired some days but that comes with the territory. I haven't weighed myself in almost 3 weeks so I'm curious as to how much I'm at. A lot of you won't want to hear this (And I'm sorry!) but after he was born I was 10lbs less than I was before I got pregnant. Pretty sad that it took me to get pregnant to lose weight! Anyway hopefully I'm still down. I've been eating pretty well since we've been here so I could be up some. I have to get off my butt and get out walking and even to the pool. Any idea how old Logan has to be before I can take him to the pool? You know for like Mommy and Baby exercise classes?
So I am going to continue blogging. And I'll try not to be all baby all the time. I do have an exciting life other than babies (Seriously NOT!). Thanks girls for staying around and planning to do so!
PS... Laura, PEI is Prince Edward Island. A small province in Canada... and where I'm from!
.
2 comments:
And I thought I was good that I was at my pre-preg weight when I left the hospital! (yeah, a little jealous over here!) I haven't lost a pound since then though... grrr...
Your hubby sounds like mine. I don't have any ideas either. I was hoping we would have enough left in the savings account that I wouldn't feel guilty getting him the PS3 or Xbox, but well....
Enjoy your time with your parents!
Are you or were you growing up an Anne of Green gables fan? the natural beauty of PEI was such a large and vivid part of her books that I have always wanted to hear about it from someone that lives there, or is from there. Is it snowy in the winter? Or do you find it strange that people love these books,and by conenction, the island so much? p.s. Your baby is gorgeous.
Post a Comment