I'm sorry that I've been an absent poster this last month or so. Since Logan's arrival things have been pretty hectic and I haven't had much time for posting. Please accept my apologies and I hope to get on top of that again now that things are getting somewhat normal (what ever normal is these days!)
So yes, little man is one month old today. Here's a picture from the other day...

As I said things have been pretty hectic since he was born. He spent his first week in the NICU which was NO fun at all. He had some blood issues because by some freak of nature we had blood incompatibility issues between hubby and I (I'm O+ and he's B+... shouldn't have been any issues). Anyway, he spent 5 days under the ultraviolet lights and then another 2 days under observation. It was very stressful and tiring on us, but we got though it. It was such a relief once he got home.
We spent 2 weeks getting use to him being here and then running around like crazy trying to get things done. We were heading off to PEI for 8 weeks and had to make sure everything had been taken care of before we left. So that's my excuse for not having time to post. That and my parents were visiting and I don't usually spend much time on the computer when they are visiting.
Anyway so we're in PEI now for 8 whole weeks. Well, 7 now cause we've been here almost a week. I got sick 2 days after we got here with a nice little cold. Its gone now thankfully. Logan got his days and nights mixed up after the trip because he slept all the way. So we're dealing with that and slowly getting him back on track. I'm so happy to be here, but I know its going to be hard to leave after Christmas :(
So how have you all been? Anything exciting going on? I've been a bad blogger and a bad commenter. I'll try to get caught up on you all and get back into the swing of things :)
I have mixed feelings about my blog these days. As you know it started out with our infertility story. Obviously now I have complete opposite things to talk about. Pregnancy, baby, life with baby, etc. Its all very weird to me ya know? I know that I'm going to lose some of my readers, and I'm ok with that because I completely understand if you do go. I do hope you all stick around though and let me try to entertain you!
Ok little man is starting to stir so I'd better go. I'll post the whole details/birth story thing if you want to read it!
.
3 comments:
I am glad you are busy and loving life!
Time does pass way too fast with the little ones! My best friend is keen on saying that the days seem long but the years fly by. And I have to say, I never understood until I had a baby.
I think all of us who have moved from infertility to mommy blogs have felt like that. I think the only reason I kept mine is because family members have started reading it for Brody updates... but I'm glad I did, because now I just have a different circle of readers, and it is still a good outlet for me- just on a different topic. And a year from now, it may turn into a secondary infertility blog... I hope it's not as hard, but I know it won't be easy.
But anyway- I personally hope you keep writing. =)
I'd love to hear about his birth / NICU / etc. And please, do keep on writing. It's hard to do, I know, but there are people who follow you and are (obviously!) interested in your life. So keep at it. Three o'clock int he morning is as good a time to write as any!
Also, what's PEI??
Post a Comment