
Seeing that so many people celebrate different things I'm going with Happy Festivus!
Things have been pretty busy around here the last few weeks. Trying to get ready for Christmas and get all my shopping done. Which I finally did. I didn't necessarily get everything that I wanted to buy but pretty close. Now I just have to get it all wrapped! Do you all have your shopping done? Get anything good? I'll tell you all about some things I bought after Christmas. Can't dare do it before in case hubby checks in on my little update :)
Logan had his first cold. It wasn't very fun for him. Poor little guy had a nasty cough and a stuffy nose. It lasted a good week but he's all good now. He's 2 months old now and I can hardly believe it. He's growing so fast. Last week he had an appointment with the public health nurse and he weighted 10lbs. Awww my little butterball! He's so much more awake during the day and he's really becoming active. He's holding his head up very well and is starting to get pretty talkative. He's lying on his play mat as I'm typing this giggling away. Its way too cute...

So reading some of your blogs I see that a few of you have had some nice snow storms. I'm so jealous its not funny! For those of you who know PEI you'll know that there's generally alot of snow here. This year? No, of course not. We're going to have a green Christmas people. That is soooooooooo wrong! Its currently raining as I'm typing this and its depressing. Where's the snow!?!
We have to head back to Ottawa in just 2 weeks and its killing me. I love being here and love being with my family and friends. Going back there is going to be hard. But I guess when that's where the work is, that's where we have to be. I'll be back again in the spring for probably a week and then the summer for 8-10 weeks. But still... its just not the same as being here all the time. And the only reason I'm here so much this year is because of maternity leave. Once I go back to work it'll only be 2-3 times a year which sucks. I really want Logan to grow up with his family close. We have to work our butts off and get some jobs down here ASAP. So for any of you that are in PEI and want to give us jobs, that'd be great!
Anyone doing anything exciting for New Years Eve? I have no idea what we'll do. Not so much wanting to go out I don't think. The city has a ceremony with entertainment, hot drinks and fireworks. Maybe we'll venture off to that. We'll see. On Boxing Day we're having friends over for some food and drinks. That'll be fun as usual. Last year we went out and drank WAY too much. We had a great time though!
Well I guess I'd better get my butt moving. This house needs to be cleaned and presents wrapped.
I wish you all a Merry Festivus and a Happy New Year!!
.
3 comments:
what beautiful pictures, Sheryl! He's a real cutie. 10 pounds, wow - butterball, not! Mine were that at just a few weeks old, LOL. I love his smile and am envious that he's laughing already - Sammy was very slow to laugh, though he makes up for it now. :) We're also having a green Christmas, with 6C today. Maybe we'll get the snow when you get back. Have a wonderful Christmas with your family.
Awww... what a sweetie!
I wish I could send some of our snow your direction- we have a little more than we needed or bargained for!
(and Brody was 12 lbs 10 oz at his 2 month appointment!!)
Merry Festivus! =)
What a gorgeous smile!!
Yep, the New Years will be different for us, too. We're going to an afternoon party, hosted by friends who have a new baby (just about the same age as Logan), and then an evening in with just the four of us. I'm thinking fondue and champagne. Indulgence. Happy Festius to you!
Post a Comment