Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Another Year Older...

Now that I past 30, I don't find my birthday's to be so hard. Approaching 30 I found it difficult. I love my 20's and wanted to stay there. Which obviously we can't do, but one can always wish eh! My 30th birthday was hard, but I survived it. 31 was a breeze and now that I've hit 32, no biggie!

So there you have it. I'm 32 as of Monday. What do you think of that!?! I had a great day all around. We spent the morning at the OB's office (more on that later), went to Mont Cascades for the day. It's a water park for those non Ontario/Quebec folk out there. Hubby and I took our friends 2 kids for the day. They are 10 and 11 so were pretty self sufficient. I lounged by or in the pool ALL DAY and it was awesome. The perfect place to be on Monday for sure. The temperature was mid 30's but with the humidex it was into the 40's. Oh yes my friends, it was damn not. After a fun filled day in the sun we headed back to the kids grandparents where they cooked me a birthday supper and had baked a cake for me. Awesome people eh! My last birthday before having to be a responsible parent and it was a good one!

As I mentioned I had an OB appointment on Monday as well. All was good there. I'm up a whopping 6lbs. WooHoo! I'm ok with that and Doc was quite pleased too. My blood pressure was good and my belly was measuring as it should be for 26 weeks. Awesome! I was surprised at the weight though. I thought for sure that I was up a good 5lbs from last time. I guess not. I won't complain. I also did my glucose test to screen for gestational diabetes. That wasn't so bad. It was just super sweet orange crush. The only bad thing is having to down it quickly. That in itself could make anyone want to throw up. I had a nice sugar high and patiently waited for the hour to go by. Cross your fingers I pass that one. Although I'm pretty sure I will. Next appointment is on August 28th and I'll be 32 weeks. Wow...

Vacation time is approaching, just not fast enough! We don't go until August 11th and it just can't get here soon enough. Time is flying by, but I still want to go on vacation NOW! All I can think of is PEI, sitting there for 2 weeks doing NOTHING. Either sitting on my parents deck, sitting on the beach, or swimming in the ocean. That's all I want to do and I can't wait. 23 days and counting!!

Oh and this little article will keep you entertained... Mom has quadruplets. As if is all I've got to say... As if...

Ok, I'm at a crossroads with my cat. I really seriously don't know what to do. Its hard to me to even imagine having to put him down. I think of it and I get a big huge knot in my belly and almost want to throw up. Yet I get so frustrated with him when he won't use his litterbox. He's up to almost a full valium pill a day and its still not helping. Sometimes he'll go in the box and sometimes he'll go on the carpet. I just can't have that with a baby in the house. It breaks my heart to think of coming home and not to be greeted by him. This would be so much easier if he was sick and I was taking away his pain... :(
.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

I had no problem turning 30, but for some weird reason I didn't like turning 31. Or 32. Turning 33 didn't bother me much. I guess I'm getting used to being in my 30's and it helps that my students are always baffled and amazed when they find out how old I am. They swear that I look like I'm in my mid to late 20's -- and I'll take it as truth, even if they are just kissing my ass.

I am so sorry about your cat. It's bizarre that he doesn't like his litter box. I've never even heard of a cat that preferred to use everything but a litter box.

Has he always had the same box? Would maybe buying a new, very large litter box be better? Can you ask your vet if (s)he can recommend a behaviorist you can talk to for suggestions?

This site has link after link of reasons and suggestions to the litterbox problem.

http://www.geocities.com/heartland/pointe/9352/litterboxhelp.html

Maybe you'll find something there. I can't imagine having to put down a pet when illness isn't a factor. That would be agony. I hope you can figure out a way to modify his behavior, because it sure would suck to have a broken heart when you should otherwise be fully overjoyed. You're right though. It's a totally bad idea to have animal waste all over the house with a new baby.

Maybe there is a cat rescue place around who would take your cat? Some of the people who run those places have contacts who can correct problem behaviors and when the cat is rehabilitated he would be placed in an appropriate home.

Good luck...

Anonymous said...

Just had a thought, could you try him in a cattery for a week or two and see if they can get him to go back to using it again? It would give you a break from him and his issues and it might calm him down as he might be freaking out as he senses his family is changing.

You could do this while you're on vacation and you never know what surprise you could get when you come back.

I really hope you find something that works for you and your cat soon. I can't imagine how difficult a position you're in now. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

I feel like there's got to be some bullsh*t on those quadruplets. What are the odds/???