I don't really have a good excuse for not updating. Well really, I do. I have a couple actually! For one, my laptop at home sucks ass and just frustrates the hell out of me. If anyone would like to donate a new one for me, that'd be GREAT! And Two, well I'm actually half busy at work these days, so posting is usually out of the question. Damn work for getting in the way! So there you go. I never said they were good excuses now did I?
Ok, so where to begin. Vancouver maybe?
Our trip was pretty cool. We were there for 12 glorious rainy days. Yes that's right, I said rainy. It was grey and cloudy EVERY DAY! Seriously, how do people survive? I honestly don't think I could handle the rain. Now yes, I have to admit the not having snow thing is pretty awesome, but I don't think I could survive the amount of rain they get. I'd be a depressed psycho ALL THE TIME.
So we toured around downtown Vancouver. We went to Whistler for a day (that's where the picture below was taken). There was a real live rodeo while we were there. That was kinda cool. Oh and we also went to Seattle for a day. And guess what? Yep, it rained while we were there too! Seattle is a pretty cool city though. I've got many many pictures that I'm going to put on a web page. Not here cause that'd just be craziness! If you are interested at all they'll be on http://vancouver.theprouds.ca/ sometime in the next few days.
It was hectic coming back. I'm not smart enough to take a couple of days off (or at least 1!) after the flight back. Holy jet leg. I was completely screwed up for probably 3-4 days. Hubby was a bit longer I think. So we arrived home on Tuesday evening. Wednesday had to clean up around the house because we had company arriving on Thursday for the weekend. Thursday was also our first pre-natal class. Friday we relaxed a bit, then Saturday I had a BBQ get-together for hubby for his birthday. Then Sunday running to the airport to return said guests. Off to a movie for hubby's birthday (we saw The Breakup... not as bad as I thought it would be), then supper and I'm pretty sure bed. The full week back to work was exhausting and I couldn't wait for the next weekend. Wanna know what I did?? A WHOLE LOT OF NOTHING! It was awesome. I highly recommend it.
So what's next? We had our 20 week ultrasound on the 9th. All went well and baby is BIGGER than she/he should be. Yep, I'm going to have a huge baby... I can see it now. Heart beat was above 150 and baby was really active. The ultrasound tech needed baby to move so she could do measurements and of course baby was being stubborn. She had to poke around on my belly for a few minutes and finally baby moved. Here's the latest glamour shot...
Nose scratching or thumb sucking? What do you think?Oh and guess what!?!? I gained 3lbs in 3 weeks!! YAY. Not that I want to gain a lot of weight or anything, but it'd be nice not to starve my child to death wouldn't it :)
So what else is going on with us? Trying to find someone to install my central air conditioning. That's a chore. I REALLY need it though. Its getting hot in the big city and I'll go insane without it.
I can't believe that we're 2 weeks away from July already. Where is the time going? I have to admit I'm really looking forward to my summer vacation in August. I'm counting down the days and also thinking of adding a few days between now and then. I think I'll take some Monday's off and make some long weekends. They must be so sick of me taking time off by now! I just have no real interest in working. I just need to win the lottery then I'd not have to worry about that again eh? Oh one can dream...
Ok have got to run. I'm still at work (only cause hubby is playing hockey!) but he'll be here to pick me up in a few minutes. Then its off to pre-natal classes. I'll tell you all about that next time.
Hope all is well... drop me a note to say hello to let me know you are all still alive out there!!
PS... ok I lied about the exciting stuff... but it kept you reading didn't it!?! :)
.
4 comments:
Wow! We thought you got lost or went on a permament vacation ;) Welcome back! Glad everything is going well :)
Shirley Ann
Welcome back! I'm glad to see you're doing fine. Adorable baby pic!
Welcome back! Its always good to hear from you and reading your posts. Your baby looks so great! I'm glad you had fun in Vancouver. We actually leave in 2 weeks to make our flight up to Vancouver for a week vacation. I cant wait. I am just in love with the places in Canada that I have been to before and am dyingto explore more of it!
You have quite the cutie there! Welcome back from your trip- glad to hear you had a good time.
Post a Comment