Friday, November 25, 2005

I Love "The Ladies"!!!

And by "The Ladies" I mean the Barenaked Ladies of course!!!

D and I have been the ultimate concert go'ers this year. Its unbelievable the amount of groups that have come to the big city of Ottawa. I'm not complaining though!!

On Tuesday we ventured out to see BNL. Did I mention that they are my most favorite band in the world??? Ok well just checking!

Every time I go see them, I swear it just gets better and better. This year I got to meet 2 of them (Tyler and Jim) and I got pictures and autographs. Yes, I really do know I'm a geek and you don't have to remind me!

Ahhhh Tyler. He's such a cutie and is so freakin' hilarious. He's from the Ottawa area and when he got married a few years ago one of my best friends performed the ceremony. Of course he remembered her by name and told me to say hello. Liz... Tyler says hi!

Jim is the tallest of the group. Really nice and great with the fans. Both these pictures were taken BEFORE the concert even started. The whole band was out in the lobby just roaming around doing pictures and autographs. It was awesome. I was however very disappointed that I didn't get to meet my main man Ed. Hmmm.... Ed! By the time I got to him he had a crowd around him (well duh, of course he did!) and I was 2 feet away. Feeling like a 6 year old about to meet her greatest idol, the dream was ripped away from me. His assistant or whatever he was shoo'd him away as he had to get ready for the concert that was actually starting in 10 minutes. I was so close... yet so far...

FUCK


The man himself on the right... hmmm... Ed!

The concert was AWESOME! We were 10 rows back from the stage and had amazing seats. My trusty camera in hand I was happily snapping away. I probably took 150 pictures and a few minutes of video. Here are a few for your viewing pleasure...








After the concert I was soooo hoping that they'd be out in the lobby again. But no such luck :( Actually its probably a good thing. D was going to try to embarrass me if I got to meet Ed. And I have no doubt that he would have!!

If you ever have the chance... you HAVE to see them. They ROCK!

So on to this whole baby making thing. Not much happening. I'm on my last cycle before starting IVF. CD 10 today. What are the chances that we could actually have a miracle this month? No IVF? Hmmm... slim to none I'd say. But ya never know right!!

Oh and by the way... we're heading off to see U2 tonight!!!! YAY!!!!!!
.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm really jealous that you're going to see U2. BNL are alright -- I don't mind them, but I'm not cuckoo for them (like some of us).

I actually do hope that you have a Christmas miracle and become the urban legend of my IF bloggy friends...

April said...

Very very cool. On all accounts.

Sunny said...

LOVE the BNL! It also helps that my husband is a Canuck!

It would be so totally awesome if you didn't have to do IVF! I love that dreamy wishful hoping thinking. I do it or used to do it often!

Fingers crossed and baby dust flying like crazy your way!

K said...

BNL rocks! I love them! DH has seen them twice but I have yet to have the pleasure. And I totally agree about Ed...yum!