Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Today's post brought to you by the letters C R A Z and Y

Time for some updates. I am slacking yet again. What else is new these days? My brain just does not work on a good day, let alone these days.

Back to work for week 5 now… only 8 to go until I can safely have this baby. And by safely I mean have the baby and actually get my Maternity Leave again! November 19th is my "must get to date" to get all my required hours. After that its fair game. Now keeping in mind that date is almost 6 weeks before my due date so I should be ok. I plan to work until probably December 4th. That'll give me 3 weeks sick leave and my official date to start Mat Leave will be December 27th… my due date.  Of course should baby decide to make an appearance before then my Mat Leave will obviously start earlier.

A few days before Christmas would really be OK with me. I'd have the baby and then be home in time for all the Christmas festivities. My biggest fear is going into labour Christmas Eve and not being there when the kids get up Christmas Day. I think that would just be horrible. I know they'll be excited. Well The Boy will be for sure since he's almost 4. But I just don't want to miss it. My parents will be arriving in the big city on December 23rd for our first ever Christmas away from PEI. That will be so weird, but I'm looking forward to it. Christmas usually means lots of running around between friends and family. By boxing day we are completely exhausted. I'm looking forward to getting up Christmas Day and hopefully staying in my jammies ALL DAY!!

How am I feeling  you ask?

Well overall I'm pretty good. 26 weeks yesterday and I swear I'm as big as I was with The Girl when I delivered her. At 6.5 months I'm still nauseated and taking Diclectin every night before bed. With The Boy I only had to take it for 2.5 months. With The Girl it was about 6 months. So I figure this one must be another girl because of all the grief it has given me up until this point!!

I'm having some huge issues with my back and right hip. That happens with each pregnancy for me and apparently gets worse with each one. I'm having difficulty sleeping cause I can't get comfortable or the pain is so great when I roll over. I went to have a massage yesterday and it was wonderful. I have to say it helped because I slept pretty well last night. On a daily basis though its hard for me to walk too terribly far. Which makes work a little difficult. Not my work day per se, but more of getting to and from work. The Mister doesn't work downtown anymore and driving me to work is just a pain so I have to drive. Parking around my office is just ridiculous cost wise… between $15 and $18 a day. I can get cheaper if I walk a few blocks, which I obviously can't.  I am however VERY LUCKY that I have a WONDERFUL OB that signed papers to give me a temporary disabled parking pass. I can now park right out front of my building for FREE! Low cost and I don’t have to walk very far. How awesome is that?!?!

Dream, I think its way too funny that Doc is using me as an example now!!  Now you can all say you actually know someone that it has happened to. Congrats on baby boy!! How did everything go? Drop me an email sometime… its up in the right hand corner!

We are getting use to the idea of baby #3. I guess we kind of have to at this point!  Baby is very active. Kicking and squirming all the time. It sleeps during the night so at least it doesn't keep me awake then. Who am I kidding, its not like I’m sleeping anyway. The Boy likes to listen with the doppler. He still seems to think that once this baby comes that we have to take The Girl back to the hospital. Its pretty cute but I just can't seem to get it into his head that we'll be keeping BOTH. He's going to learn pretty darn quick I guess LOL

So the crazy comment?

Yep I'm all about crazy these days. Not only are we having another baby… we are getting a PUPPY!!!  C.R.A.Z.Y!!!  I figure hey what the hell. We are going to be up in the night with the baby, why not be up letting a puppy out to pee. We'll be home all the time so its perfect for training puppy. And the kids will grow up together. Can you tell I'm trying to talk myself into this?

The story is this… we were planning on getting a puppy then I found out I was pregnant. The breeder that we really want the puppy from is in PEI and so when we were there this summer we had let her know that we would hold off until the next litter because of the baby. She turns around and tell us this is her LAST LITTER!  Great, so now we have to decide on what the hell to do. We really want a puppy from her because well, we know her and know the history of the dogs and know they are all healthy and live very long lives. Plus a purebred golden retriever is going to cost me about 1/2 of what it would if I went to another breeder!  Decisions decisions. Of course we talked about it to death and just last night decided that yes, we'll bring home the puppy. The first few months will be stressful I'm sure, but hopefully things will go ok.  Baby girl puppy (insert name here) will be arriving in Ottawa around Thanksgiving Weekend.

Let the fun begin!!

Here's a little peek at my last belly shot... 21 or 22 weeks I believe. I'm much bigger now but I just don't have a picture yet!

No comments: