Wednesday, July 14, 2010

And we're back... Knocked up again!

Have I driven you crazy yet by making you wait? I actually didn't intend on making you wait this long, life just kind of got in the way!

So ya, it appears that I'm pregnant! How did that happen you ask? Well let me tell you all about it!

No medical magic this time folks... Just the plain old fashioned way. Who would have thought!!??!!

Remember back early May when I told you I was really sick and had the whole inner ear infection going? Well that's when we found out.  I had gone to the doctor the first time and they diagnosed me with the ear infection. They asked if I could be pregnant and I said no. That was the end of that.  A few days later I ended up back at the doctor because the headache started. Again, they asked if I could be pregnant. Of course my answer was nope, not a chance. Again who knew.

The doctor wanted to do a pregnancy test anyway despite me telling her she was wasting her time. She had me go to the washroom and pee in the good 'ol cup and then place it on the counter.  I went back to the room and waited for her to come back.

She walks into the room about 5 minutes later waving the stick in her hand and says "Well, what do ya know!"

She smiled and was happy.

I cried.

I told her she must have made a mistake because I paid for my two other children. She said no she hadn't and this was truly a miracle with a huge smile on her face.

Again, I cried.

She gave me a form to go have a beta done because I had NO IDEA of how pregnant I was or could be. I had just stopped breastfeeding in January and had 2 irregular periods.

I go out to the truck where The Mister was waiting with The Girl (I couldn't drive myself). He was wondering why I was all teared up when I got in the truck. I told him we had to go  have bloodwork done and showed him the form that in big letters said HCG. He said "and what does that mean". I couldn't believe  he couldn't remember! In tears I told him I had to have a pregnancy test done...

He looked at me... twisted his head... had this stupid smile on his face and said "Are you fucking kidding me? After all these years!?!" And kind of laughed. He didn't know what else to do!

We were both in total and complete SHOCK as I'm sure you all can imagine.

Off we went to the blood lab right away. She did the test and then I immediately went to shoppers to buy a pregnancy test. I was still sure there was a mistake. There HAD to be right? Took the test home and used it right away. The results?

That second line couldn't have come up faster if I had drawn it on myself...

FUCK

Yep, I'm pregnant!

The next morning (Saturday) I end up in the ER because the headache had gotten so bad. They did bloodwork and of course did the HCG.  Would you like to know what my levels were?

75,300

That's right, 75,300!

I was either REALLY pregnant or there were TWINS. I in no way felt pregnant so we were terrified there were twins. On the Monday I called my OB and made an appointment. 1 week later I get to see him. Of course he laughs and says "So, I guess you didn't listen to me in November when I wanted to put you on the BCP eh!?" Everyone thought it was hilarious!

Ultrasound was scheduled for a week later to get dates. On May 21st we finally made it to the ultrasound and there was only one wiggly baby (Thank God!). Baby was however measuring almost 10 weeks! Crazy I know...

I in no way felt pregnant. With the other two I had killer sore boobs. Was nauseated right from the get go. This time? Nothing. Nada. Zip. Well... that is until this whole inner ear infection kicked in. After I found out I was knocked up I started vomiting every day. I had thrown up a few times the week before but assumed that's cause the ear infection was making me dizzy and therefore puking. Which it really could have been. But then again it could have been the pregnancy. Thank goodness for diclectin I tell ya.

Ya, so here we are. Knocked up again. No medical magic. An urban legend.

We are extremely happy of course. I always said I wanted 3 kids. I just NEVER, EVER thought it would happen. It took us some time to get use to the idea of it all and of course the financial implications of it all. Daycare. All that fun stuff. The Mister took a little longer to adjust to the idea. He dealt with it by shopping for a new vehicle. Men. What more do I have to say?

So baby #3 is due on or about December 27th, 2010. I'm just over 16 weeks right now and am big as a house already!



I'm back to work 2 months early so that I can go on Mat leave again. The Girl and new baby are going to be 15 months apart. Yikes. Life is going to be busy!!

So the moral of this story boys and girls...

After you have an IVF baby and your doctor wants to put you on birth control, you listen unless you want to get pregnant again when your baby is 5 months old!!

3 comments:

Shirley Ann said...

So so so so happy for you :) Can't wait for another update!

~Shirley Ann

Anonymous said...

Hey Silly,

Hows it going? I had my little guy on July 30th. Things are going well. Was in to see Dr. H the other day for my post-partum. He started talking about contraception and I said that I wouldn't need it....he then went on to say that it still happens and that he knows someone who went through 2 treatments and is now prego with a surprise...I told him "I think I know who your taking about"!!! Hopefully things are going well with the pregnancy. Post an update when you get a chance!

Dream!

7wekenzwanger said...

Great post! Good for you! Thanks for sharing