And I thought I'd never have another horrible 2 week wait in all my life. Well, apparently I was wrong. So.Horribly.Wrong.
So here I am, happily sitting at (almost) 33 weeks preggo. And yes, I really mean happily. That was until yesterday. Now I'm sitting here a stressed out and worried (almost) 33 week preggo chick.
Yesterday was my bi-weekly OB appointment, which also included an ultrasound. Yay right? Not so much. The ultrasound tech freaks me out on a good day. Honestly I LOVE having ultrasound because who wouldn't love a chance to see baby right? But with the looks on their faces and how they're always twisting their heads, it always makes me nervous. Especially if they're the quiet type that doesn't say much. Which of course this one was.
I was 32 weeks, 4 days yesterday. Everything was measuring between 31 and 34 weeks. Good right? I thought so too. She told me baby weighed about 4lbs, 2ozs. During the ultrasound she's measuring my cervix and asking me how long it was last time. Seriously, I'm supposed to remember that? I don't even remember the last time they checked the length. She just said OK and continued on.
After the ultrasound I went to see the OB. Well, the OB's nurse as I don't always get to see him. Which of course this time I really wish I had seen him. So she's looking over the u/s report. Says baby's a little on the small side. Nothing serious, but small. This confuses me because of looking at the measurements during the u/s. Anyway, then she asks about pains and cramping. I told her no cramping, but the usual aches and pains. She was good with that. Then she whips out the measuring tape to measure my belly. She measures 29 weeks. WHAT?? At my 30 week appointment, more than 2 weeks ago, I was measuring 30 weeks. How can I be measuring smaller when I haven't lost any weight??
And then this...
They want me back next Thursday for another u/s. Again, I worry. She tells me they just want to assess baby's growth, check the heart (because they couldn't get a good view because baby was moving so much) and check my cervix. Apparently its short. Shorter than they would like and they definitely don't want it to get any shorter. F.U.C.K.
If there is any change next week, then I'm most likely going to be put on modified bed rest for the rest of the pregnancy. I'm not ready for that. Well, yes, I'm ready to be off work, but no, I'm not ready for bed rest.
I know I shouldn't complain. There are people that have much more to worry about than I. But I'm a worrier and that's what I do. My first pregnancy went so well that these things are just throwing me for a loop. The next 8 days will go by very slow until we get to that next ultrasound...
Oh and to top it off, I'm supposed to be flying East on Friday! Can you say cancelled flight boys and girls? I'm crossing my fingers for not, but I'll have to see what happens. My parents will be sad as I know they've been looking forward to us coming. Baby comes first though.
Incidentally, after some reading, I find that 4lbs 2ozs is PERFECT for a baby at 33 weeks. So one less thing to cross off the list-o-worry.
Stay tuned...
.
2 comments:
Hey Sheryl! How are you doing?
Hey lovely! I think you are due for a much required update...
PLUS - email me some suggestions on some fertility sites/forums that I should/could read and dump my brain on.
Post a Comment