Ok, this baby is kicking the crap out of me right now. It was kind of cool the first few days that I was feeling Maggie move. Now its just kind of making me nauseous. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE that I can feel it and all, but I'm already feeling kind of pukey at the moment. No need to add to the misery!
So I found out this morning that a very good friend of mine is pregnant. With her 2nd "oopsie" baby. While I'm extremely happy for her, why does it still sting a little (just for a few minutes - then it was gone)? I'm sitting here happily pregnant, but after a very long road on the whole fucking fertility roller coaster. Does the pain not ever go away?
I have to wonder if it really ever does? I am infertile and always will be. No matter how many children we have (this is it by the way!). No matter what. I want to talk about it. I want to help people that are going through it if I can. I'll never forget anything we went though and I'll never forget any of the friends I've met through this whole journey.
A few months ago I met an awesome girlie by chance while attending a course. I was very early pregnant then and we got chatting. Very quickly we got into fertility and I found out she was getting ready to jump on board the fertility train. She was just starting clomid at that point. We've been chatting constantly since then, and we've even got together a couple of times since. I'd say it probably would be more but she lives in TO and doesn't get to town very often. (Yep, I'm talking about you TO Girl!)
All this to say, because of IF I've met some amazing people. We've been on an amazing journey that has led us to a happy place. I read the daily lives of so many bloggers that are infertile. Some have been successful and some are still working towards that miracle. We've all been through happiness and sadness. Its not something you can just walk away from and throw the memories away...
Ok, enough of that. The long weekend is upon us. What are you doing? We're actually staying home this long weekend. We're usually on the road somewhere. It'll be nice to just hang out for 3 whole days and relax. We'll probably get some things done around the yard and house, but nothing too serious.
We're having some friends and their kids over for pizza night on Saturday. Looking forward to that. Ya its cheezy, but we all LOVE Kraft Pizza mixes and that's what I make!! All the best of toppings... including HOTD0GS!! Yes that's right folks, hotd0gs. Its an old tradition and I'd have to say a Maritime one. No one here in the big city had ever heard of putting them on a pizza before. Don't laugh until you've had one of my pizza's with hotd0gs. You'll be hooked!
The next few weekends after that will be pretty busy. We've got birthday parties - a 40th and a 50th - each different weekends. Our little trip away (more details to come on that!) and then we're heading to PEI on June 26th. Our vacation will be over before we know it!
18 weeks now. Almost 5 months. How the hell did that happen?
.
1 comment:
Hey, hope everything is going okay. Your more than halfway there by now.
Post a Comment