Fridays seem like a good day to blog don't you think? Well, in the event that nothing extraordinary happens during the rest of the week that is! And these days, nothing extraordinary is happening for sure.
I think I will do a little blog clean-up soon. A change is needed maybe? I still like my turtle and will keep that. But maybe a color change, a little change a scenery all around maybe? I am going to clean-up my blog list on the right hand side though. Some no longer up-date so I'll remove, plus there are a few more that I read that I'll add as well. If you aren't there and want to be please let me know.
Recently I have come across some new blogs. Today for instance I came across Flika over at the vacantuterus. I cried. I was so happy for her, her husband, and her new baby boy. Adoption is such a wonderful thing isn't it? Our ultimate goal is to have a baby... and for many people adoption is what gets them there. I think it’s an amazing option and such a wonderful thing that any birthmother can do. May people have trouble coming to the decision to adopt and I know its not an easy one. Most of us want biological children. Someone that looks like Mommy or Daddy. Or their siblings. The Mr had issues with adoption at one time. VERY early on into the fertility struggle. He didn't know if he could do it. He didn't know how he'd feel. Many tests and failed IUI attempts later, he changed his mind. Our ultimate goal was to have a baby…. No matter how that baby came to be. He/she would be OURS. Yes, we were extremely lucky to be successful with our 1st IVF, but that doesn't mean we will be with any subsequent attempts (I cross my fingers and knock on wood as I type this!). Adoption has made a few of my own friends extremely happy and I'm very thankful that the option is there!
Speaking of IVF, nothing exciting going on really. I'm on day 8 of superf@ct. I'm feeling tired this time. I didn't with the last (failed) cycle, but did with the successful cycle. So I'm hoping that's a good sign. Tomorrow is last day of BCP (Yay!) and blood work on July 4th. Slowly we're moving along.
Cathleen, you're freakin' hilarious! Do ya think you've got enough pee sticks goin' on over there!?!?!
.
2 comments:
Honestly, if we could afford adoption without going massively in debt, I probably would adopt... and maybe one day we still will, but most likely an older child once the other kids are a bit older too.
I'm keeping fingers & toes crossed for this cycle for you! March is an awesome month to have a baby! =)
Ya think? I was thinking maybe just two or three more...
I don't have a problem. I can stop any time I want. :)
Post a Comment