Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Bad Blogger... BAD!

Honestly I am sorry. You have no idea how many times I've sat down with every intention of updating this thing. I know I've said it before, but I'm going to get off my but and blog more. They may be short and sweet. But that's better than nothing right?

So where were we? I believe the last post was just after The Boy turned 6 months old? Oh that's SOOOOO very bad. He's almost 8 months now! More on that later.

We went on our AMAZING trip to Cuba the end of April / first of May. The weather was beautiful, the food was ok and the drinks were tasty. My husband could tell you about them in great detail I'm sure! Not that I didn't have any drinks, because I did. I just wasn't the one at the bar beside my husband filling up his HUGE mug with rum and fruit punch. Man that boy can drink a lot! Overall we had an awesome time. The 2 other couples we went with were fun and added to the week. We look forward to doing it again next year. Here are a few pictures...

This was a view from the restaurant overlooking some of the pools (there were 6)

Our awesome housekeeper did towel art for us every day. Too cool

Swimming with the dolphins was a definite highlight of the trip!

And of course our usual self portrait!

I mentioned before we went, I was debating on what I would do about breastfeeding the boy. Well I decided to take the pump with me and pump a couple of times a day (I'm only feeding him once a day now... first thing in the morning). Anyway so I took the pump. And just an FYI for those of you going to Cuba and thinking of taking a breast pump... be prepared to be questioned! They had no idea what it was and I was inches away from having to demonstrate. It was pretty funny... but I had no interest in whipping out the girls and giving a live demonstration in the middle of the airport! All in all I survived and pumped twice a day and am still nursing the boy once a day!

Ok, that's all I've got time for right now. Unfortunately I have to pack up my cat and take him to his new home (AKA, the Humane Society) I'm very upset about this and my stomach is in knots. I have no choice though. He's pooping on the floor throughout the house and now with the boy being almost mobile it just can't continue. I tried finding him a home, but he came back. This is my last resort and its breaking my heart...
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's good to hear from you. It sounds (and looks) like Cuba was fabulous. Did you get to explore at all? And I can just picture you explaining a breast pump in the airport, especially to a man!