Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Return


I actually didn't mean to be away for as long as I was and I apologize to my faithful readers :) Things just seemed to get hectic with vacation and coming back to work. And while on vacation I was in dial-up internet hell, so there wasn't much surfing or blogging to be done. Although that was quite nice to have a bit of a break and just kind of relax. I must admit. I think I got into the habit of it though so I didn't blog right away when I got back, nor have I been able to get caught up on all of my readings. I'm getting there though!

How is life with you all? Drop me a note and let me know what's shakin'. Congrats Lala on the new little guy! Can't believe you were blogging and facebooking within like hours of having him!! You fool :) Can't wait to see him and some pictures. Cathleen… congrats on the BFP!!

So I'm ok overall. I had a few rough days but its all good. I had to go out with the girls the night after everything happened. That was kind of hard especially since none of them knew anything about the IVF to begin with so I didn't really feel like sharing. I'm glad I did go though. I almost cancelled on them. I ended up having a great time. The Saturday that followed we had a big party at the cottage. We had 30-35 people and about 12 kids. Lots of planning and running around so that kept me busy. And again overall it was a great time.

Where do we go from here you ask?

Well, we met with Doc Boyscout on Sept 2nd for our follow-up. He was pleased with the cycle itself and the fact that I did technically get pregnant. Obviously he wasn't happy with the end result. So he gave me the OK to cycle again in October if I have 2 normal periods. I'm still waiting for the first one to show up. I'm CD29 today and that's long for me. Anyway I'm not worrying about it. I decided I won't cycle in October anyway. A couple of reasons behind my decision:

1) Money. Ahhh the root of all evil. Always a deciding factor eh? Why can't we all have money tree's in our back yards? Money gets in the way of everything and I hate it. So waiting another month or two will give us a little more saving time (or in other words: beg, borrow, steal!)

2) Timing. If I start in October then procedures will be in late November. Pushing beta (all fingers crossed) to December and again leaving us on vacation when I would (again crossing fingers) be due for follow-up with Doc Boyscout and ultrasound. I don't want to feel rushed. I want to be relaxed and not have to worry about any upcoming trips.

3) Timing. If I start in December and am successful, all my mat clothes and baby clothes will be the same because that's when I cycled with The Boy.

Number 3 is really not a deciding factor but I guess its kind of an added bonus if you want to look at it that way? 1 and 2 are really the important things and I actually feel good about my decision at this point.

However now my plan is a little out of whack. I wanted my kids to be roughly 2 years apart and now they'll be 3 should I be (WHEN I AM!) successful with this next cycle. I can hear you all now and I do know its not really a big deal. But it was my plan… And my plan went to hell in a hand basket.

I have also decided that my next cycle will not be a super secret from my family and friends. I found it too hard and I think it added some un-necessary stress to me. Not that it had any effect what-so-ever on the outcome, I think it was just harder on me and I don't want to go through that again. So that being said, this isn't to say that every friend, family member, co-worker, or general acquaintance is going to know. But my Mom for sure. It damn near killed me keeping it from her. And my best friends will know. That's it

So in addition to the above "new" plan, I also plan to exercise and lose some weight. I have started going to aquafit twice a week and hope to either get out walking or get on my treadmill 3 other times through the week. So I hope that exercising 5 times a week for an hour plus trying to eat better will help me with my goal of losing 20lbs by December 31st. I think that's a pretty realistic goal. I'm down 2lbs since last week and if I actually continue to lose 2lbs a week that'll be me at 32lbs! My goal is 20lbs though and when I reach that I'll be happy. Anything else is a bonus.

Happy Hump Day :)
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the weight loss... Trust me, I know how hard it is!

And welcome back. =)