Monday, May 05, 2008

The Scoop

OK, so here's the scoop on the fucked up cycle (that's how I'm pleasently referring to it these days) that wasn't to be

Went into the clinic Saturday morning happy as a clam (with The Boy in tow as DH was in Montreal). Things were going well - The Boy was behaving himself. All is good right? NOT

My ultrasound showed only one follicle in each ovary that was measurable (lazy ass ovaries). There were numerous tiny ones but not big enough (slackers). Doc Boyscout met with me after the u/s (which is something new and I think its great - although I wasn't thinking it was so great then when I was about to cry my face off) and gave me the news.

He really felt that the best thing for me at this time was to stop and try again. Upping the pureg0n was not going to get the little guys growing big enough as the bigger ones would get "all the good stuff". I could make the choice to continue but with no guarantee there was even an egg in those 2 follicles. FUCK. I was there by myself about to lose it (fucking hockey tourney in Montreal) and had a decision to make.

Obviously I chose to go with his suggestion and stop then instead of risking failure (and save myself a chunk of cash too while I was at it) He gave me some progesterone to bring on my period in about 8 days. The next AF after that I'll call in and we'll start again - roughly the first week of June unless AF starts fucking with me. I have an appointment with Doc Boyscout on the 16th to go over "The Plan". But roughly it will be 0rgalutron instead of the Superf@ct and he'll double my pureg0on and go from there. Not sure about the BCPs but I'm hoping not cause those things suck...

So there you have it... A day in the life of an Infertile Turtle...

No comments: