Tuesday, February 13, 2007

A Reunion

Ahhh yes, my friend the wand monkey. Oh how I've missed you so.... NOT! Yes my friends, the wand monkey and I met up again today. He was cold and unfriendly as usual. No love loss there I tell ya. Its been a good year since my last visit and I didn't miss him at all! Today's wanding was courtesy of the wonderful pain that I've been having. Yes its still there folks. Maybe not as much, but its still there. So what did the wanding find? Hell if I know. I can't read an ultrasound!! Actually I was able to see some pretty big honkin' follies growing. She said my ovaries were pretty active. I think I saw more follies in each ovary today than I ever did when cycling. I wonder if that's causing me the pain? Who knows. We talked about IVF and that little man was the result. She threw in her 2 cents and said that pregnancies are known to screw with your hormones and you never know what can happen. The lady that was actually in before me had her first child with IVF, then conceived on her own after. Living proof that it actually does happen! One can always hope eh? Anyway, I don't see my doctor until April 2nd, so I have no idea what's going to happen. I'm assuming if anything was found they'd call me in sooner?

Have you ever been to a movie with your baby? Well here in the city we've got "Stars and Strollers". A weekly movie that's run for Mom's and babies. Now, I shouldn't say Mom's because everyone can go, Dad's too. Anyway, hubby and I went last week and it was pretty cool. We saw Catch and Release which wasn't bad. The whole experience was pretty cool though. They have a microwave and bottle warmers set up. And a big long table setup as a change table. They provided diapers, wipes, cream, etc. What ever you need, they've got it. It was a pretty cool experience and I'd love to go again. Hubby can't be taking afternoons off all the time to go to movies with me, so if any of you out there in Ottawa want to go, let me know!!

Valentines Day is tomorrow. Did you all go out and get the cards and chocolate? I went to W*lmart this afternoon and endured the crowd around the card section. Who knew so many people were out and about in the middle of the afternoon. Logan got cards and gifts for Valentines Day. I guess we don't count anymore eh!?!

Speaking of Logan, I never did write his birth story. Do y'all want to hear it, or has it been too long now and I need to be talking about more exciting things?

Unless you've been under a rock, I'm sure you've heard all the Ann*a N*icole S*mith hoopla that's been going on. That poor little girl. She's got 5 people claiming to be her father now. You watch, it'll end up being none of them and she'll end up with her Grandmother or something. I just hope where ever she ends up that she kind of disappears into the background and has a half normal life.

I'm addicted to the Soap.net channel these days. I get to watch Another World which is awesome. I use to watch it with my grandmother every day when I was younger. AND the best part is I get to watch Beverly Hills 9*210 all over again! This of course doesn't bode well for me turning into a couch potato, but it keeps me occupied on cold days like today. I can't wait for the spring so that I can get outside with this boy every day. Then I won't be sitting in front of the TV all the time! Well, not all the time. Its on and I'm playing with the man. But I'm not always watching it.

OK, time to get some supper going. Ciao for now boys and girls :)
.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I vote to hear the birth story :)

Shirley Ann

laura said...

I'm so envious of your "Moms & Movies" thing. One of the biggest things I miss now is being able to go to the movies at the drop of a hat. Of course, we can go, it just takes so much planning, etc. If I could take the babies, I wouldn't care WHAT is playing ... I'm game!

Is the theater part of a bigger chain? One that they have here?

And I vote for the birth story, too. I'd love to hear it.